7 replies to this topic

#1 DaddyLongLegs

DaddyLongLegs

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:48 AM

Hey guys. I've modded a few Hitachi's for friends before (even the 79 thanks to you guys!) but this is the first time this has happened. I am doing a Hitachi 47 using the connectivity kit. It's in Mode B just fine, because Windows XP saw it just fine. I ran FLASHIX.BAT and it's just stuck at Flashing 01/11 Sector 90003000 (Xtreme Custom Code).

I am paranoid as hell of rebooting my system during the flashing process. The PC isn't frozen at all, and FLASHIX.BAT isn't frozen or anything; the cursor is still blinking. It just refuses to get past step one.

Anyone who can help, I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: Nevermind! For some WEIRD reason, after waiting like half an hour it finished. Weird. I never had it take more than 30 seconds. Good to know if you guys ever come across this, though!

Edited by DaddyLongLegs, 28 October 2008 - 02:01 AM.

#2 jordash

jordash

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:50 AM

Did the flash start right up and then pause for a while? Cause im have trouble flashing mine. I answer all the ?'s and the cursor just sits and blinks.

#3 skier354

skier354

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:11 AM

What chipset are you using? I've heard that 47's have issues with vias. I did one once and I had to use a silcon image if I remember correctly

#4 fokia

fokia

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:57 PM

Well, it happened to me (sort of). Had to abort&reboot the PC and it was a pain in the arse to make the drive recognizable and flash it again. I think I was lucky. I don't recall all the steps right now but I waited for more than 2hours and nothing!!

And that's why my drive is still ixtreme 1.2 (as I don't go online) - I'm afraid it'll happen again tongue.gif. But, right now, the console is open for stuffs and I'm planing to update the firm (hopefully before Nov 19).

#5 jordash

jordash

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:24 PM

ok so i tried again and waited for over an hour. I noticed that windows drops the drive and doesnt see it after the first step. Can a non updated windows cause this?

#6 madmackem

madmackem

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:19 PM

ive got a 59dj doing almost the same thing here, took like 25 mins to do the first stage and has been on the second for even longer, like op i am reluctant to reboot, will be gutted if the drive is feckered. have done quite a few hitachis on this mobo. any ideas?

#7 madmackem

madmackem

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:08 AM

well i had to bite the bullet and reboot pc. no drive detected so i rebooted 360 and it was still working , done it all over again and flashed straight away :-| go figure
i dunno what caused it but im one relieved mackem!!!

#8 jordash

jordash

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:51 AM

My drive is a 46. The only thing that comes to mind is i sent my xbox in to fix the RROD. Could they have done something to it!? Ive tried two PC's and the same thing. I have no idea!!!!!! uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users