Photo

Xbox V1.6 With Old Smartxx V1: Bios Does Not Match Hardware?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DaWamZ

DaWamZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:35 PM

Hello,

First of all i'd like to apologize for my ignorance (and my dutchy English ofcourse wink.gif ). Been searching the web for days now but don't seem to find what i need.

Ok lets start of: my old xbox v1 with a smartxx v1 chip died a few weeks ago. This is too bad because i still use my box a lot as multimedia centre.

So what i did, i bought another xbox. This happened to be a v1.6. So i went to smartxx.com and found the tutorial for soldering my old smartxx v1 in an xbox v1.6. This all went smoothly (LPC rebuild and all), and within an hour i was finished. Powered up the new xbox. No green/red flashing powerled so i think the mod went fine.

BUT, now the thing that's making me pull my hairs out, i can't use my controllers! Tried every port, but no luck. The smartxx v1 chip seems to have a faulty bios, because it says after it is trying to boot: "Bios does not match hardware, continue?" obviously i can't do anything without my controllers. When i press the eject button, which let the xbox boot directly, it just powers up and down endlessly.

My question: What can i do about this? Do i have to flash the chip with a new bios? If so which one and how, without the ability to use my controllers?

Your help would be very much appreciated,

Thanks

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:27 AM

isn't it possible to flash another bios on your modchip with a pc?
The options are different for every brand of modchip.
The modchip might contain a rescue bios in another bank.

Does your xbox still boots into a dash?

regards.

#3 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

Did you flash it with a 1.6 variant e.g. Evox M8 or X2 .6 or what ever it was because the timings are all different on 1.6 hardware (could be why ports aint working for I/O). Also check the yellow cables make sure there plugged in especially when you are closing the case to make sure nothing snags the wires.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users