• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:20 PM

NXE Gets 'Largest Marketing Campaign In The History Of Xbox'
Posted by XanTium | October 28 17:20 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From gamasutra.com:

And if the goal of Microsoft's recent initiatives -- adding family-friendly entertainment "channels," avatars and, most recently, price points low enough to make the Wii look even whiter -- is to draw in a new casual consumer, then how will the company inform these relatively uninitiated audiences about the update?

Xbox 360 group product manager Aaron Greenberg tells Gamasutra that such an update at this stage is just the next step in a progression. "We are already delivering games and entertainment in high definition; we have already got storage built in," he says. "We already have high speed internet connectivity -- so we are no longer limited by the power of the hardware."
So for Microsoft, the next frontier for innovation is, logically, software. And Greenberg says the company's aiming high: "As dramatic as going from the original Xbox was to when we launched Xbox 360, this is just as much of a dramatic jump with the New Xbox Experience," he says.

But the "re-launch" of the entire Xbox 360 experience will also be accompanied with in-store outreach, says Greenberg.
"We will be launching the largest marketing campaign in the history of Xbox," he says. "We will be spending more money in marketing in advertising this holiday than we ever have in the history of our business."

Full Story: gamasutra.com

#2 dokworm

dokworm

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:52 AM

I still don't think the addition of Mii's avatars and a couple of family friendly titles is enough.

The controller doesn't suit my kids all that well, and the titles list that is family friendly is still pretty short, there are a few things in the pipeline, but it seems crazy to market like crazy and then people (in this new family market space) go 'where are the games'.

and saying you've got 'storage' built in when referring to a 512MB memory card is a bit of a stretch.

Maybe saying 'the ability to save games' built in would be more of the truth.

I equate storage with being able to actually store things, like games, movies, music etc. With the Dashboard taking up 256MB and savegames, you aren't left with much place to store anything else on your built in 'storage'.

#3 metalcoat

metalcoat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:16 AM

I agree with the storage built in. I hope they are referring to something else other than a paltry 512mb card.

#4 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:06 AM

the title on XS is a little misleading. just read the last sentence and see that they are talking about spending overall for this holiday. which i fully believe, with fable 2, gears 2, nxe and all of the other stuff on the horizon, i believe they will be pushing a lot of money to make sure people know what's available. because at the end of the day, you can put out a million products but, if no one hears about them, they don't sell and that doesn't do you any good.

#5 XHN_SCRAPY

XHN_SCRAPY

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:11 AM

yeah sounds interesting.....and a big job for m$ hopefully this is a good booost for the 360 cuz the rrod is just annoying lol and they need all the help they can get.......

i wont be enjoying the new dashboard and all the other goodies for awhile...... im done with 360 for now lol...my 10th 360 died and im tired of running in and out of the store to return them lol. i just threw the 360 off of a two story building in to a dumpster and said im done with that box.....and now im using my 4-5yr old xbox 1........and it runs like a champ still =)

"We will be launching the largest marketing campaign in the history of Xbox," he says. "We will be spending more money in marketing in advertising this holiday than we ever have in the history of our business." ---- i hope they are doing the biggest spending in the history of their business lol

Edited by XHN_SCRAPY, 29 October 2008 - 03:13 AM.

#6 Elemino

Elemino

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:04 AM

That's funny... this reminds me of an apple commercial I've seen recently.

#7 HughDaHand

HughDaHand

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE(Elemino @ Oct 28 2008, 10:40 PM) View Post

That's funny... this reminds me of an apple commercial I've seen recently.

LMAO.. I was just thinking the same thing.

But with this and the new price point the xbox should do well this xmas.

#8 tom_mandory

tom_mandory

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:02 AM

If I was microsoft, I would be doing everything I can to hide this embarrasing forced dashboard upgrade from the consumers.

In Australia, this business of copying the wii is a classic example of Kevin Rudds "Mii-Too-ism"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users