#1 hcf

hcf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:43 AM

Hi everybody!!

I have spent a lot of time thinking about which forum is the best to post this message... dry.gif

Well, I know this is a strange question, but I hope that someone could help me, because I am stuck at this point... My dream is becoming a PC-Engine homebrew developer, and in fact I am starting to create homebrew games for the PC-Engine using the "HuC" compiler. I hope to share this games with the world and show how wonderful that old console can be. And the good thing is that my games can be played in PC, Xbox, and so on, thanks to the PC Engine emulators!!!

This games that I am making, work OK with the Mednafen emulator in my PC, but when I try them with the "MednafenX" port, I have several problems with the sound tracks. I guess (more or less) where the problem is: my PC Engine games are a collection of some WAV tracks and one ISO track, and I create a CUE file in order that the emulator (Hugo or Mednafen) can load it.

The problem is that MednafenX has a pre-defined list of CUE/TOC files, so when I select my game (even if I select my own CUE) the emulator forces me to select one of these pre-defined CUEs from the list. If I select a random CUE from the pre-defined list, this makes that when I try to play a WAV track in my game, the track is played wrongly (sometimes it loops, sometimes is half-played...). The problem seems to be that the length of my tracks is not equal than the tracks of the random CUE that I selected, so the track is not correctly played. This is my hypothesis...

My question is... is there any way to force MednafenX to read (and use) my own CUE, or add my CUE to the pre-defined list that MednafenX uses? Maybe someone expert in MednafenX can read this message and help me? I know that this is a very strange question, but... hope that someone can help me here (although maybe I am the only one person in the world interested in this topic) smile.gif

#2 Cospefogo

Cospefogo

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:16 AM

Maybe the user Madmab can give you a hand on this.
He is a guy who is working on new versions for several Xport emulators.
This is a very interesting feature to be requested for the future versions!

I suggest you to post this on the Xport Emulators section of the forum.

Regards,
Cospefogo.

#3 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:36 AM

use hugo-x v11,people will say ts old but i use it for pc-engine cd games and it works just fine.

#4 hcf

hcf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:38 PM

Big thanks for your responses!!! When I posted this message, I was thinking that nobody was going to answer me!! Furthermore, I am very glad because someone can consider this as an interesting feature!!! biggrin.gif

Using hugo-x... as far as I know (maybe I am wrong?) hugo-x can play a "PCE" file or an original CD inserted in the Xbox, but it cannot play a collection of ISO+MP3+CUE files. As my games are homebrew, they are a collection of ISO+MP3+CUE files... This forces me to burn a new CD each time that I want to test my game in the Xbox if I want to use hugo-x, and this is the reason why I use MednafenX. Or, maybe I am wrong? Maybe Hugo-X can execute CD games as a collection of ISO+MP3+CUE files? If this is certain, it can be a good solution for my problem!! I will try it this evening. Big thanks to both you!!! smile.gif

#5 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:00 PM

what sort of game have you made for the pc engine?
it should work without any problems,if you are stuck with it just pm me.
remember hugo-x will only play backups discs from the hdd so dont try and play them from the dvd-drive.just burn your cd to the hdd with xbox media centre file explorer ,unleash-x file explorer or dvd2xbox.then just hit the cue file and you should be good to go.
if all goes to plan of course.

Edited by xyteam, 29 October 2008 - 03:08 PM.

#6 hcf

hcf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

Thank you very much for your responses smile.gif I am begining to program the games now, and at the moment I am making a tactics game (similar to Final Fantasy Tactics) and a plattform game (and I am having problems programming scroll, hehehe).

I have posted this topic in the other forum, as I have been suggested. It is certainly a better place to speak about this kind of stuff:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=664957

I will try your trick this evening. Thank you very much!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users