• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 squishy2008sdfsdfsd

squishy2008sdfsdfsd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:46 PM

Ok so I'm at my wits end trying to mod my xbox 360. I've read through the forums for two days straight. Several people have had my exact same problem, yet for the life of me I can't figure out how to solve it.

Let's start with my setup.

I am using a Dell Optiplex desktop computer that does NOT have onboard SATA. I purchased a PCI VIA 6421L SATA card from NewEgg and installed the latest drivers (VIA 530C). I made sure my PC's BIOS was at the latest revision (A05), the onboard chipset drivers (INTEL 82801DB) were up to date, and all other peripherals were uninstalled. Windows successfully sees the card, and there is NO yellow exclamation point in the device manager.

Next, I opened up my Xbox 360 and saw that I have a Hitachi drive, ROM version 0078FK. Following Textbook's tutorial, I used the SLAX v2.1 disc to place my drive into Mode B successfully. I double checked Mode B by doing the double eject to get the drive to close.

Then, I rebooted my PC while leaving my 360 in Mode B. While booting through Windows, I pressed eject several times on the 0078FK. When Windows was loaded, I opened Explorer, and the drive was shown as E:

Next, I took a movie and placed into the 0078FK. I pressed eject once, then manually closed the drive tray. The disk spun up and the movie title was recognized in Explorer under E:

I waited 20 seconds, then opened the latest Firmware Toolbox (v.4.8) and went to Tools > Direct Drive Dump (GDR Only), and clicked RAW DUMP. I named my BIN "Original", then clicked OK.

At this point, the computer freezes / locks up, and the drive's BIN is not read.

I searched and searched the forums for an answer. It seems people were having this problem 2 years ago when the software was still at v.3.0. Most of the people having the problem were using a USB-SATA solution, and everyone said "Go buy a 6421L card". Well, I HAVE a 6421L card, and I'm still getting the error.

My question is... am I just trying to follow an out-of-date tutorial? What is the latest 2008 method for reading the 0078FK bins? Has someone posted a fix somewhere in the forums that I haven't found yet? I really wish I was one of the lucky people who post "Got it to work first time on my 0078FK with my 6421L card... thanks Maximus you rock!"... sigh...

Edited by squishy2008sdfsdfsd, 29 October 2008 - 08:47 PM.

#2 squishy2008sdfsdfsd

squishy2008sdfsdfsd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

Note: I've also noticed that the computer locks up even when I just try to click on the E: drive in Windows Explorer. Strange indeed.

#3 squishy2008sdfsdfsd

squishy2008sdfsdfsd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:11 AM

anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users