Faluke

Multiple Accounts

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:33 PM

Those are the ingredients. I'm trying to retrieve a lite-on key. I have already purchased the sammy but I can't get the key off the Lite-on. I have Vista 64 and a working USB to Serial adapter. I also have the via 6421 card and I have made the serial adapter and soldered it to the drive correctly.

What I'm looking for is some instructions from someone who has done this using Vista. I can't even get dvdkey32 to fire up in vista at all. (And before you say it, I know that dvdkey32 is a 32bit program, I have several 32 bit programs running on vista64)

#2 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:39 PM

Try dvdkey 1.2

Xtractor 2.5 has a bug that can error out if you have a certain key.

Edited by OggyUK, 29 October 2008 - 10:42 PM.

#3 Faluke

Faluke

Multiple Accounts

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:04 AM

Is that a DOS program or windows? I can't do DOS because my comp doesn't have a serial port so I have to use a USB to Serial cable which won't work in DOS

#4 Faluke

Faluke

Multiple Accounts

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:26 AM

*update*

found a serial pin header on my system board. I added the serial cable and male connector. Made sure that the bios had serial port enabled. THere was no settings on my INtel board for address or IRQ.

Tried it using that in DOS with both DVDkey 1.1 and 1.2. I keep getting sega: 54 received nothing from com port. It finds the drive okay though.

One thing I notices that was on my max3232 adapter there is a little blue LED that says "PWR" and it never lights up. I touched 3.3 dc volts to it and it lit up blue. Should this LED be on when I have everything soldered correctly? I double and triple checked all my solder points and their good. I tried retrieving the key while holding power to the max3232 and it made no difference.

IPB Image

Also Is there a limit to the cable length? I used a cut phone cord since it had 4 wires allready and was wrapped. I wanted to make a permanent adapter for future mods. The cord length from the lite-on drive to the max3232 is probably a couple of feet.

One last point, when I went into windows my serial port was labeled as COM4. I changed it to COM1 but that shouldn't matter because I'm trying to do this from DOS right?

#5 Faluke

Faluke

Multiple Accounts

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:50 AM

finally got it! Turns out that I wasn't ejecting the drive correctly. Making a post on the main page since so many others seem to have this same problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users