Photo

Flashed Ms25 Wtith 1.4 Successfully, But Wont Read Any Games Now...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nhesson

nhesson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:02 PM

So I created a boot usb with iPrep, using iXtreme firmware 1.4 8x.

I added dosflash because I am using an nForce chip.

I ran through dosflash, backed up my original, copied it to the firmware folder, ran the "Make Firmware" exe and copied the new file over. Ran through dos flash and flashed drive with no problems.

However now when I put in any games, it starts to read, and then gives me the "To play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 Console.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong here?

-N

#2 Drjones

Drjones

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:10 PM

You could read the firmware off the drive again, then open it in toolbox to make sure the one you just made got flashed to the drive.

Don't get them mixed up smile.gif

#3 nhesson

nhesson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(Drjones @ Oct 31 2008, 09:46 PM) View Post

You could read the firmware off the drive again, then open it in toolbox to make sure the one you just made got flashed to the drive.

Don't get them mixed up smile.gif

everything seems to have been flashed just fine...

#4 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:55 PM

possible bad drive? or it somehow goofed your key up.

#5 nhesson

nhesson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(nhesson @ Oct 31 2008, 10:23 PM) View Post

everything seems to have been flashed just fine...

if i flash the orig.bin will that technically put it back to the original firmware?

#6 Drjones

Drjones

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:08 PM

yes it should.

#7 K00PA

K00PA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE(nhesson @ Oct 31 2008, 09:38 PM) View Post

I ran through dosflash, backed up my original, copied it to the firmware folder, ran the "Make Firmware" exe and copied the new file over. Ran through dos flash and flashed drive with no problems.

However now when I put in any games, it starts to read, and then gives me the "To play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 Console.

-N

is it the original games won't run, or is it the backups that are not playing?

#8 jetcat

jetcat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(nhesson @ Oct 31 2008, 09:38 PM) View Post

-N

Did you get a "green success" in the make firmware??
Cause Ive done one this week and had the same problem.Ive just run another make firmware prog
and got a green success.Flashed that one in and "voila"

#9 naoru

naoru

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(jetcat @ Nov 1 2008, 05:19 PM) View Post

Did you get a "green success" in the make firmware??
Cause Ive done one this week and had the same problem.Ive just run another make firmware prog
and got a green success.Flashed that one in and "voila"

I have the same problem
i have a ms25 drive, i've downloaded the propriate firmware ( a 256kb called ix14-8x.bin) and using iprep i made a usb disc and entered to the kill smile.gif
first i read the original firmware using dsam file called SAM-OFW is saved in my computer
and than i did the fsam it went ok flashed four banks but when i put a backup it gives me the message " unplayable disc" ( i verified the backup with store flashed xbox and it's alright)
i tried to restore it with rsam and original firmware but it wouldn't work
i kept looking and found the 0800 disc made it burnt it and with it i managed to to rsam (tough i had to keep xbox on when choosing sata port)
i supposed that i have my original firmware now and when i tried to to use iprep again it would not flash. I had to use the 0800 disc trick again...........................

i later tried (using the 0800 trick) to flash it using mtkflash w /m /sata orig, than firmtool and than mtkflash again (hacked) and it flashed
but bottom line xbox won't read backups keeps saying unplayable disc
(does read my originals tough)

Edited by naoru, 01 November 2008 - 06:22 PM.

#10 nhesson

nhesson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE(naoru @ Nov 1 2008, 06:56 PM) View Post

I have the same problem
i have a ms25 drive, i've downloaded the propriate firmware ( a 256kb called ix14-8x.bin) and using iprep i made a usb disc and entered to the kill smile.gif
first i read the original firmware using dsam file called SAM-OFW is saved in my computer
and than i did the fsam it went ok flashed four banks but when i put a backup it gives me the message " unplayable disc" ( i verified the backup with store flashed xbox and it's alright)
i tried to restore it with rsam and original firmware but it wouldn't work
i kept looking and found the 0800 disc made it burnt it and with it i managed to to rsam (tough i had to keep xbox on when choosing sata port)
i supposed that i have my original firmware now and when i tried to to use iprep again it would not flash. I had to use the 0800 disc trick again...........................

i later tried (using the 0800 trick) to flash it using mtkflash w /m /sata orig, than firmtool and than mtkflash again (hacked) and it flashed
but bottom line xbox won't read backups keeps saying unplayable disc
(does read my originals tough)

mine has actually failed to play any discs, all of them give me the "please insert this disc into a xbox 360 console"

However, I learned my problem was that I did not incorporate the key. When I read the textbook guide, I was under the assumption it placed the key in there, and it was copied with the orig.bin conversion, but that turns out to be un true.

I ran the firmware toolbox program and copied the key from the orig.bin into the ix14.bin. This hopefully will fix this. I just have to try it now. wink.gif

oh and because Im using an nForce chip, from a gigabtye GA-8IPE1000, I am using dosflash for all of this as it seems to work flawlessly for communicating.

1. make an usb disc with iPrep
2. download dosflash and copy it onto the usb disk you just made in the main directory.
3. run dosflash and extract(read) the orig.bin
4. boot back to windows and create the new flash file for 1.4
5. copy the orig.bin key into the new 1.4 firmware, and copy that sucker over to the usb disk
6. reboot into the usb disk, and flash the drive with the new firmware.

shouldnt be any need to turn off the xbox, at least not with the nForce im using so far...

I'll update when I get access to try this with the new key added. (The firmware I tried to upload did indead have FFFFFFFFFF... for the key, so I can only hope that is why nothing is being read.)

anyone know if I have to use that unlock disc to "re-flash" with the proper key now, or can I just overwrite?

#11 nhesson

nhesson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:29 AM

I have successfully re-flashed with the new key in the firmware and original games work again. however, the one burned copy of fallout I had did not. Not sure if it was a bad burn or what, but I'm trying a new burn.... just takes forever, but at least my originals play again smile.gif

#12 naoru

naoru

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:56 AM

I tried comparing the original firmware with the iextreme 1.4 using firmware toolbox 4.6
but it gives me "run time error 6 overflow
i tried earlier version but it didn't work as well
same error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users