biondizzle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:42 AM

i have 2 xbox360's

1=bad mobo, shorted during modding a cooler in to cure ring of death
2=bad samsung drive.

the first one has a flashed hitachi drive.

i cant just put it in the samsung xbox because xbox marries its factory given drive.

how can i get the key from the samsung into the hitachi and make it work, i know how to do it from samsung to samsung and hitachi to hitachi

but how can i get it to work from samsung to hitachi?

would i be able to do the trick where i take the chip out of the one and put it in the hitachi?

also the one with the shorted mobo has an inverted ringofdeath its top right and bottom right and left bottom blink the red. i know its a hardware failure but has anyone become successful in curing this one?

thanx for reading
-mike

#2 biondizzle

biondizzle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:12 AM

microsoft u endorse alcoholism!
wat to do when your looking at a hunk of metal wondering what the fuck there is to try on it?
drink.
this is bullshit, if i have to unscrew these 8 fucken t8's again imma puke gordons vodka all over the mother fucker, package the shit up and send it in to MS.

im sorry, im venting =X

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:20 PM

It took ya 30 min. to hit the bottle, I doubt it's 360 related. There's no reason at all to be removing the T8 screws if all you're messing with is the DVD drive, those are there to hold the heatsinks and removing them is if you're lifting the motherboard from the cage and it's more like 11 since the ones from the RF board had to come out at least once also, 17 if ya include the 6 to get the case apart, plus those clips that hold it all together.

You can't straight swap the FW or chips between the drives, they're completely different. You'll have to dump the Samsung FW first to get the key from it (depending on what shape it's in this may need to be done with a programmer, ya didn't specify it's problem) then dump the Hitachi FW and inject the key from the Samsung into it, then spoof it so it will report being a Samsung then reflash the Hitachi drive with that re-keyed/spoofed FW. Read in the Textbook tutorial as well as there are loads of other tutorials floating around to go from one drive model to another, and give the bottle a rest. wink.gif

#4 biondizzle

biondizzle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

thanx man.

yeah i can dump the fw from the samsung just i don't know how to put the key into the hitachi with the software im using.
im using birdy's to flash the hitachi.

where are the tutorials on the site?

#5 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

Use FWToolBox for the Hitachi. All of the Tutorials are in the Newbie Chat and Technical DVD-ROM sections Pinned topics, and ya can Google the Textbook one and find it in a load of places.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users