• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vril-ya

Vril-ya

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

I'm about to softmod my Xbox with Ndure 3.0. I want to play NES, Snes, Genesis, N64 and PSX on it. Here's my question. If I put the emulators on the HD and load them with a custom dashboard, can I just burn my roms to a DVD-R and have the emulator load the games from the DVD? Also, what's the best dashboard to use for emulation? Do I even need a custom dashboard with the Ndure mod?

thanks smile.gif

#2 RedHotLlama

RedHotLlama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

I don't know about the dashboard but I definitely load roms off of DVD's now with the EMU's being on my hard rive so yes you can.

#3 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:06 AM

As far as i can tell there really is not much of a difference between dashboards as far as emulators are concerned... they all do the same simple thing, and that is to simply launch the emulator program. That said, there are tons of things that xbmc is capable of that no other dashboard is.

#4 Vril-ya

Vril-ya

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for the help smile.gif

I do plan on installing xbmc but for now I'm using Unleash-X as it comes with Ndure 3. I've got all my emus on E:\apps.
I burned a bunch of roms to a DVD-R. I first made an xbox iso of the roms with IsoMaker1.21 and burned it with Alcohol. Should I make an iso if there is just roms on the DVD-R, or should I burn them as a data DVD?

When I try to access the DVD when loading the roms, I get something like: "cannot access iso disk".
The only emu that loads from the disc is FCEUltraX which plays the games just fine.

I have all my N64 games in D:\N64. I changed the rom path in the .ini but when I click on the "rom list" button in Surreal64, it loads for a sec and then goes away. I then copied a N64 rom to E:/Roms, changed the rom path in the ini and then tried to load it from the hd but got the same thing.

So how do I burn the roms? All the roms are named as they are from the GoodTools rom sets. Should I shorten all the long file names?

One more thing biggrin.gif
I'm sure there's a way to get Dukes of Hazzard [U] working with PCSXBox. tongue.gif Anyone know the settings?

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users