• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 luda81

luda81

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:18 AM

OK everyone I am planning on getting an xbox 360 arcade. i was wondering if i can flash it? and also how do i do it if i can. And one more question is there anyway to run backups from an usb external hard drive? if yes how do u do it. One last question is there anyway to use a usb external hard drive as a hard drive for the xbox 360?

#2 Robborboy

Robborboy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE(luda81 @ Nov 7 2008, 09:54 PM) View Post

OK everyone I am planning on getting an xbox 360 arcade. i was wondering if i can flash it? and also how do i do it if i can. And one more question is there anyway to run backups from an usb external hard drive? if yes how do u do it. One last question is there anyway to use a usb external hard drive as a hard drive for the xbox 360?

Nope you will get a Lite-On drive, so "no flashy flashy five dolla".
No
and that is a biiiiig no.

#3 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:56 AM

You will get a liteon drive. This drive cant be flashed but with the right tool and some soldering skills you can get the drive key and spoof data needed so you can replace the drive with one that can be flashed.

#4 Robborboy

Robborboy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 7 2008, 10:32 PM) View Post

You will get a liteon drive. This drive cant be flashed but with the right tool and some soldering skills you can get the drive key and spoof data needed so you can replace the drive with one that can be flashed.

Rather then go through that I would just suggest him to go get one second hand, cheaper and modable. A win win situation.

#5 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE(Robborboy @ Nov 8 2008, 04:36 AM) View Post

Rather then go through that I would just suggest him to go get one second hand, cheaper and modable. A win win situation.

Except the likelihood of an older 360 getting the 3rrod is far greater.

#6 zoocircle

zoocircle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:53 AM

i just got an arcade. has a 79 hitachi in it, already modded and working great

#7 Robborboy

Robborboy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 7 2008, 11:16 PM) View Post

Except the likelihood of an older 360 getting the 3rrod is far greater.

From my experience it isn't that hard to repair. I have repaired 10 and I have not had a customer come back complaining yet. I have also repaired mine and my fathers, my only failed attempt was my cousins and that was just because he sliced some of those micro-sized traces on the bottom of the MOBO by the X-Clamp.

I have a 12 month warranty on my repairs and no one has come back yet so I guess that is a good sign.

#8 Ultra_Extreme

Ultra_Extreme

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(Robborboy @ Nov 8 2008, 05:49 AM) View Post

From my experience it isn't that hard to repair. I have repaired 10 and I have not had a customer come back complaining yet. I have also repaired mine and my fathers, my only failed attempt was my cousins and that was just because he sliced some of those micro-sized traces on the bottom of the MOBO by the X-Clamp.

I have a 12 month warranty on my repairs and no one has come back yet so I guess that is a good sign.

How have you been repairing them? redoing the thermal paste and reclamping? using a new clamp?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users