360 Controller Types
Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:17 AM
1. I want to do the rapid fire mod that is on the web page http://www.instructables.com/id/Done/ and i wanted to know if there is a way to tell if the controller is PWM or Matrix without opening it.
2. Which one do i need PWM or Matrix? He doesnt say what one you need, just the fact that there are two kinds.
3. Is the crystal on the board the big silver thing in the bottom right of the pic?
4. I apparently have one of each (a PWM and a Matrix) cuz i opened it and one is different than the other but i dont know which is which. anyway the one with the silver thing (the crystal?) has a broken joy stick, i want to know if i unsolder the joystick from the one without the crystal can i put it on the one with it? Basically are all joysticks interchangeable between all types of controllers.
Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:39 AM
2. That mod can be done only on the Wireless Matrix version of controller, it doesn't work on any of the other versions.
4. If ya can't tell if one of the controllers ya have looks like the one in the pic there or not then I'm afraid no one is going to be able to help ya, with that reference right there and your controller apart it should be fairly obvious.
The joysticks in all of the XBOX and 360 controllers are the same and can be interchanged.
Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:03 AM
Edited by Hybrid13, 09 November 2008 - 06:06 AM.
Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:41 AM
Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:21 AM
Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:54 AM
Edited by RDC, 09 November 2008 - 07:55 AM.
Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:42 PM
there are tons of pictures floating around here...
but if you are having that much trouble finding them here ya go
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users