X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:17 AM

Ok i have a couple questions.

1. I want to do the rapid fire mod that is on the web page http://www.instructables.com/id/Done/ and i wanted to know if there is a way to tell if the controller is PWM or Matrix without opening it.

2. Which one do i need PWM or Matrix? He doesnt say what one you need, just the fact that there are two kinds.

3. Is the crystal on the board the big silver thing in the bottom right of the pic?

4. I apparently have one of each (a PWM and a Matrix) cuz i opened it and one is different than the other but i dont know which is which. anyway the one with the silver thing (the crystal?) has a broken joy stick, i want to know if i unsolder the joystick from the one without the crystal can i put it on the one with it? Basically are all joysticks interchangeable between all types of controllers.

Thanks

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:39 AM

1. The Matrix controller is PWM, so someone has something confused there. You can tell which is the Matrix and which is the CG by looking thru the battery compartment, look thru the tutorials section for more info on them.

2. That mod can be done only on the Wireless Matrix version of controller, it doesn't work on any of the other versions.

3. Yes.

4. If ya can't tell if one of the controllers ya have looks like the one in the pic there or not then I'm afraid no one is going to be able to help ya, with that reference right there and your controller apart it should be fairly obvious.

The joysticks in all of the XBOX and 360 controllers are the same and can be interchanged.

#3 Hybrid13

Hybrid13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:03 AM

ok so let see if i can clear this up, there are matrix controllers (which use PWM technology and has the crystal) and there are CG controllers which do not have PWM technology. Right? Also I looked through the tuts on xboxscene for xbox 360 and didnt find anything. Could you give me a link or explain how to tell which controller it is?

Edited by Hybrid13, 09 November 2008 - 06:06 AM.

#4 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:41 AM

All of the controllers have a Crystal, that's not going to tell ya a thing about it. The Tutorials are in the Pinned topics at the top of the section of the forum that you're posting in.

#5 Hybrid13

Hybrid13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:21 AM

Man I have looked through the pinned topics and havnt found anything. Let me make sure were talking bout the same thing. You're talking about a tut that show how to look through the battery compartment to tell what type of controller you have right? sorry if im getting on your nerves but i really cant find it.

thanks

#6 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:54 AM

Look in the Pinned section for the Tutorials, then for the Controller Mods section, then find the one for the newer CG version board and it's on page 2 of that thread. I could easily link it or even repost the pic, but that's not going to help ya from getting on the next persons nerves. wink.gif

Edited by RDC, 09 November 2008 - 07:55 AM.

#7 sanandreas8732

sanandreas8732

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:c_hayes_scholar@yahoo.com<br />www.youtube.com/cli10010111<br />
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

remove the battery pack of your controller(s) above the right battery terminal if there is a " TP-19" it is matrix if there isn't a "TP-19" than it is the CG version.
there are tons of pictures floating around here...
but if you are having that much trouble finding them here ya go

pop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users