• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Joec00I

Joec00I

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

Ok. I have a hard modded Xbox with a Xenium ICE solderless chip and Im running an EvoX dashboard that I got from a Slayers quick install disk. Now my problem is this. I recently began FTP'ing files to my Xbox using FlashXP. After transfering some trainer files and rebooting my system my Evox dash would not boot, only repeatedly reset itself to the Xbox logo. Now at this point a recovery disk might have solved the problem, but before i could do this someone formatted the C drive from the Xenium menu. Now when I boot up I get the red rings and a error 16 message. Is there a way to salvage this without losing my files? I put alot of time into my box and i really hope it can be saved

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:02 PM

If you boot with the eject button do you get to the Xenium OS Menu? What about if you press / hold the white button while the box is booting?

#3 Joec00I

Joec00I

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

yeah. i can still get to the xenuim menu

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:26 PM

Set up the network in the Xenium OS menu (if it isn't already) and ftp to the Xbox. Replace the C partition contents (from Slayers or CASH), and make sure your evox dash is still in the right place - wherever it was originally - or just drop it on C and set up XOS to boot it as your dash. From there you should be able to reboot to Evox and sort out the problem.

How big is your disc?

#5 Joec00I

Joec00I

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:32 PM

Thanks but the last time I ftp'ed from the xenium menu none of he drive contents would display. its the strangest thng. my disk is 160gigs

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

OK. So I'd try another disc at this point, or unlock the current disc and have a look at it with Xplorer360 on my PC.

#7 Joec00I

Joec00I

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

wow, so no hope for my current disc huh? i was hoping to salvage it. Had a lot files on it. Well ill see if i can find boxplorer and see what happens. Thanks for your help Heidall. I will post tomorrow and let you know what happens.
Thanks again for your help.

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:11 AM

No! Just trying to isolate the problem. If a different disc works then that might start to point to the current disc, but not necessarily. Checking the current disc with Xplorer360 might also help isolate the problem - and if it does work it will allow you to back up the contents!

#9 Joec00I

Joec00I

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:18 AM

oh ok. well im looking for xplorer360 as we speak so Ill let you know what happens. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users