#1 mcdevitt1985

mcdevitt1985

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:04 PM

Dunno if its a massive wave or not but my console was literally just banned from live within the hour.

If anyone else gets banned let me know please.

iXtreme 1.4 and all games were burned right and stealthed.

Edit by BenJeremy-------------------------

If possible, let us know if your DVD drive was flashed using your Xbox 360 power supply, or if a separate power supply was used. It's possible MS started flagging when systems were powered up without a DVD drive attached, followed by the drive suddenly appearing. Without the status being reset by a certified repair engineer, it would be a sure sign that somebody tampered with their system.

You might also mention if you played any "Multi-region" games that had not been released for your region, I believe purchasing a game from the US, for example, to play in a UK machine, could be a violation of TOS.

One more thing: If your system is not banned YET, that doesn't mean it won't, so your own experiences paying a specific game don't have that much of a bearing. It's more important to see a COMMON THREAD between all of these bannings, though Microsoft may be using several methods to indirectly detect modded firmwares (they still cannot tell directly, nor do they seem to be attempting anything not already covered by the current firmwares).

I might add that this may be a case of Microsoft seeding P2P channels with a "fake release" - a game that does not match retail, set to signal Live when connecting that it was, in fact, a special version put out on the internet to trip up people hoping to try out a game before it was released (or rip off the publisher, in which case you deserve to be banned).

So again, this wave may not ensnare 100% of the "detected" modded systems, whatever the method they use, and for sure, Microsoft has followed a policy of enacting bans over a period of several days (or even weeks) to throw off attempts to determine what is happening as well as give others a false sense of security. If you are NOT BANNED it does not mean they haven't flagged you. You may be flagged and not get banned this wave. You might have all been flagged during the LAST wave, for a we know. Nobody here is privvy to Microsoft's internal policies.

-------------------------

Edit By Chancer
Use this thread with sense. Stick to the rules.

-People CANNOT list the GAME/PIRATE RELEASE GROUP for any image downloaded. We are not here to help people figure out what pirate releases, and what groups are deemed ok and passable on LIVE, and which aren't. People are encourage by XS, to learn to use the doc, tuts, and tools provided to make thier OWN backups in accordance with the specs as outlined by C4Eva's work.

-People CANNOT promote piracy, promote backups on LIVE. Prolonged comments, whether ethical, financial, or political about using backups on LIVE (a clear violation of LIVE TOS) will get you a ban. So choose every word on these issues carefully. There is no Reprieve. There is also no reversal of XS bans for people banned on this forum previous to this posting.

As always, links to piracy sites, direct downloads, torrents sites or trackers etc will of course earn a full ban on XS. All of the other XS rules are in full effect. Staff will still be very hard-assed and will continue to ban people who canít abide by the XS rules, including these limited modified one for specific forums like Firmware and Backup forums on XS.

DO NOT POST if you are not banned.
DO NOT make new threads on this everywhere

Edited by BenJeremy, 12 November 2008 - 05:29 AM.

#2 nitussi

nitussi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:11 PM

yeah, me too! played all night, went to play some more just now and BAM! Those bastards banned me!

Edited by nitussi, 10 November 2008 - 11:24 PM.

#3 MickRick

MickRick

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

So you always "stealth patched" your games and "made sure they were retail" yet you were on Live with a game that is not released until tomorrow in the US and the 14th in Europe? I suspect that if you made your games more "retail", ie bought the thing in the first place instead of playing a pirate copy, you might not have been banned. And that is if it's a console ban and not just a Live account ban. Try logging on with another Live account (and without a dodgy game obviously) to see what happens.

Edited by MickRick, 10 November 2008 - 11:17 PM.

#4 mcdevitt1985

mcdevitt1985

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:14 PM

It was a retail copy from gamestop.

The game came out today, hence why I was playing it. Go read up, they released it a day early.

#5 mcdevitt1985

mcdevitt1985

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:16 PM

I get the cannot connect to xbox live error.

I do a test on the connection, it fails on xbox live.

Go into details for it and thats where it tells me Ive been banned.

#6 mcdevitt1985

mcdevitt1985

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

Nope, no drive spoofing ever.

Its a sammy ms28

I recently modded it too, like 2 months ago. Was untouched before. As I started previously I put iXtreme 1.4 on there, 12x if that matters whatsoever.

Buddy of mine has a modded box that isnt banned so they may be rolling them out right now as we speak or for some reason its only hitting certain people.

#7 nitussi

nitussi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:28 PM

Last night was my first time playing GOW 2 on line; today I got banned. Damn! I got back-up consoles though. Wonder is it safe to start using them.

#8 mcdevitt1985

mcdevitt1985

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:33 PM

Here are the error group codes. Last one should be quite familiar.

W: 000-0013
X: 0000-000D
Y: 00A8-6800
Z: 8015-190D

Time to be a prick and call MS and try to talk my way out of this one.

#9 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

One of my friends just called me. He is banned. I checked mine and i am ok. We all use ixtreme 1.4

#10 mcdevitt1985

mcdevitt1985

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:47 PM

Either they're rolling them out now in waves and they haven't done em all yet or there is some sort of specific reason as to why some people are banned and others arent.

Any ideas guys?

#11 kjeksen

kjeksen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

BAM, and then the fun was over for me too.

Had fun for 2 years, but that has come to an end.

Played GOW2 online for the first time earlier today. Tried to log on now, and was banned.

Not quite sure of my firmware, probably <1.4 ixtreme. iXtreme for sure.

#12 big dogg

big dogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:03 AM

just want to let you guys i know i just got banned too ,got ixtreme 1.4 but ive spoofed my drive and i was also playing CoD5 sad.gif

#13 vorny

vorny

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:03 AM

yes i just got banned also sad.gif i got the error code and this message
This account has been banned for voilation of the terms of use . To protect the Xbox LIVE service and its members, Microsoft does not provide details about account bans . There is no recourse for Terms of Use voilations.

This test versifies ....... /

then it saya about ip confimrmed and dns verified and stuff

#14 mcdevitt1985

mcdevitt1985

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:13 AM

My live account works on another console, your live account isnt banned.

Its the console itself.

Im toying around with xbox live customer support on the phone right now.

The banned consoles havent even hit their list yet, their list for banned consoles.

Trying to see if I can pry more info out of them.

#15 Sauce3

Sauce3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:35 AM

*Signs my name on the ban club* mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users