#1 ghatway

ghatway

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:08 AM

Which would be better to use for my BenQ drive?

Does DosFlash16 automatically unlock the drive like DosFlash32?

I heard that DosFlash32 is kind of unreliable, is it?

Can you please post a tutorial for both?

Sorry for noobie questions, just got my SATA Card in today and I'm excited to mod my 360.

ALSO...

What are the best settings to burn a 360 game in ImgBurn, thanks!

#2 D-Reapper

D-Reapper

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:07 AM

i put both of them on my pen drive cuase I coudlnt get anything else to work. I tried 16 on my samsungms 25 and ms 28. I dont know about your drive but basically I just started dosflash from command line and it started to look for drives. When it found the xbox sammy drive I punched in the number corrosponding to the drive and it asked if I wanted to read, write, or erase. Pretty straight forward.

#3 syst3m3rr0r

syst3m3rr0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:23 AM

yeah!!! dosflash16 saved me from a lot of trouble...pretty damn straight forward if you're using autoflash

#4 PaddyPat

PaddyPat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

I used DosFlash16 1.3 and it was a breeze, even without iPrep doing all the work. If you're familiar with dos and you know what port your drive is at then it's really easy, just follow the instructions. The first time I did it it took longer to get the case open than to flash it with DosFlash16. Just make sure it's a good dump by checking the bin file in windows BEFORE you erase your original firmware. There should be tutorials around this site for it, just take a look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users