• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:c_hayes_scholar@yahoo.com<br />www.youtube.com/cli10010111<br />
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(bluntted @ Dec 4 2008, 05:50 AM) View Post

Yeah I read through all 40+ pages of phlsphr's tut. I saw where folks were wishing it was faster and by using that equation and a little math I figure changing to a 10k pot and adding resistors in series would allow you to tweak that 6.87 to something faster.

This weekend I plan on building a new circuit with the 10k pot and a 47k & 10k resistor in series in place of the usual 10k resistor called for in the tut. Hopefully about 18 shots per second tuned down with the pot won't be retarded.

the shots per second are limited by the software meaning the game limits the shots per second.
I know it seems logical to change the values of Rs and C then bada bing faster fire rate it doesn' work that way though. after you get to a certain point it slows down if the timer is sending out more pulses the game doesn't register and you get erradic fire. the purpose of the potentiometer is to give you a range from something like 2-3Hz to prolly 15Hz or so. in this range is usually what the game allows.
you can make a timer do a million pulses a second, but the game will never detect that many.
hope that helps

#32 Salincer

Salincer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE(sanandreas8732 @ Dec 4 2008, 12:17 AM) View Post

1/ (.693 x C x (R1 + 2 R2))
R1 & R2 are in ohms
C is in farads

IPB Image

and instantly get an answer

you should be able to improvise with parts easily

good luck

That is hawt. Just the thought of it makes me want to go try it on a led or something. Tell me how this goes...i might have to get world at war just to try modding it.

#33 bluntted

bluntted

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(sanandreas8732 @ Dec 4 2008, 01:39 PM) View Post

the shots per second are limited by the software meaning the game limits the shots per second.
I know it seems logical to change the values of Rs and C then bada bing faster fire rate it doesn' work that way though. after you get to a certain point it slows down if the timer is sending out more pulses the game doesn't register and you get erradic fire. the purpose of the potentiometer is to give you a range from something like 2-3Hz to prolly 15Hz or so. in this range is usually what the game allows.
you can make a timer do a million pulses a second, but the game will never detect that many.
hope that helps

I know the COD software limits the rate of fire. I have also heard of others using the 10k pot they say its quicker. So I figure doesn't hurt to try. I'm going down picaxe lane soon, so I not expecting mountains outta mole hills. There is only so much that can be done without programming.

Edited by bluntted, 05 December 2008 - 04:10 PM.

#34 sanandreas8732

sanandreas8732

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:c_hayes_scholar@yahoo.com<br />www.youtube.com/cli10010111<br />

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

@ salincer, personally I hate waw altogether but indeed a problem I may run into with a game I DO like in the future. when infinity ward get's it back cough* cough* after i get through finals this week I know what I am going to be doing lol I'll let you know

@bluntted, from what I have seen the programmable chips are better overall. but for simply rapid firing a trigger a 555 does the job nicely. as far as using the 10k pot you are giving the value of
R2 a range from 10,000 ohms to 0 ohms this is within the range of a 100k pot as well. the reason people likely have said it is better is because it would be FAR easier to tune to perfection given that the sweet spot is 0-10,000 ohms
actually it would be exactly 10x easier. if I didn't give you the link to the calculator
http://home.cogeco.c...ley4/LM555.html
under astable operation

unfortunately the max the game allows is the max the game allows, the only way to get around that is to edit the game itself, and i don't even think they have made a box that could remain online that was modded to do so. but I break out the old ps2 every now and again for RE my favorite weapon the Uzi that shoots shotgun shells muhaha.gif mwahahahaha

#35 xgodz klutchx

xgodz klutchx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:38 AM

I have a question. I just finished putting together my freeform in my cg controller. When i tryed to play COD4 the button that is soppost to be rapid fire was just single shot. I think i messed up on soldering the wires to the pot. could someone tell me where wires 6 and 7 go on the pot. i know 6 and 7 go to the pot im just not sure what of the 3 leads it goes to. Thanks for the help and thanks for the tut.

Edited by xgodz klutchx, 25 January 2009 - 05:50 AM.

#36 icspwnz

icspwnz

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

any updates? anyone get this working with WAW yet? it might not be possible if the waw developers programmed a sort of anti-rapid fire detection sytem into the actual game itself.

#37 cloud12077

cloud12077

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE(Salincer @ Nov 11 2008, 06:55 PM) View Post

I'm having an issue, it seems to trigger, but it will only fire 1 shot just as if I'm pressing the trigger button myself. I tried turning the pot up and down to see if that was the issue, but still a no go. Any help on that? I also have the CG style controller.

#38 Salincer

Salincer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE(cloud12077 @ Feb 15 2009, 07:25 PM) View Post

I'm having an issue, it seems to trigger, but it will only fire 1 shot just as if I'm pressing the trigger button myself. I tried turning the pot up and down to see if that was the issue, but still a no go. Any help on that? I also have the CG style controller.

Seems that you hooked up the power/ground wrong. Make sure you did it the New CG spots.

#39 cloud12077

cloud12077

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE(Salincer @ Feb 15 2009, 07:29 PM) View Post

Seems that you hooked up the power/ground wrong. Make sure you did it the New CG spots.

I hooked them up to the pos and neg that is directly attach to the batteries. lol

#40 walker_dawg

walker_dawg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:27 AM

OK Its been awhile since ive tried any modding...About four yrs ago with old xbox and software mod... But a friend of mine was telling me of this new rapid fire mod... So I got the list of materials and two hrs later I've completed the freeform mod... Knowing nothing about circuits or soldering I have apparently made a mistake? I have approx. 3.2 volts into the timmer... about 1.8 to .9 coming from the pot. ( determined by which way I turn it) and the switch is working... The right trigger works but the button dosent even fire a shot... I have an old board( TP19) and I have no idea how to trouble shoot this baby... A little help please?

#41 cloud12077

cloud12077

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE(Salincer @ Feb 15 2009, 07:29 PM) View Post

Just swapped the pos and ground and still only fires 1 shot

#42 Salincer

Salincer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE(cloud12077 @ Feb 15 2009, 11:17 PM) View Post

Just swapped the pos and ground and still only fires 1 shot

http://img.photobuck...0Mods/NewCG.jpg
Is what your using right? This is for NEW CG

#43 cloud12077

cloud12077

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(Salincer @ Feb 25 2009, 10:02 PM) View Post

http://img.photobuck...0Mods/NewCG.jpg
Is what your using right? This is for NEW CG

No...woudn't that be for the left trigger? Should I be using TP10 (+) and TP18 (-)?

#44 Salincer

Salincer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

If you have the new CG controller, thats the points for power and ground. TP4+, TP22 -
It doesnt matter if you want just RT, LT, or both...you still use those for a new CG.
Matrix is another story.

#45 cloud12077

cloud12077

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE(Salincer @ Feb 28 2009, 10:40 AM) View Post

If you have the new CG controller, thats the points for power and ground. TP4+, TP22 -
It doesnt matter if you want just RT, LT, or both...you still use those for a new CG.
Matrix is another story.

I'm confused I guess. If using TP4+ and TP22- how will it know which to turbo? (meaning left or right)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users