• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 K4BS

K4BS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:26 PM

Hi, was wondering if anybody here could help me?

I have some how managed to semi brick 2 ms25 drives. They won't eject, although everything else seems ok, they play originals and backups fine when I force the tray open with a paperclip. The drives also seems to open ok if they have a disc inserted but won't open if there is no disc in the drive.

I've never seen anything like this before and I've flashed most types of drives before with no ploblems including ms25's.

I've tried reflashing and restoring them with mtkflash and dosflash automode but still the same problem.

Is there anyway I can fix these drives?

#2 NoIncentive

NoIncentive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:18 AM

I get that same problem on my MS25, but none of my other drives. I just have to tap the face, hit it kinda hard, if no disc is inserted when it tries to open, eventually it will open. I don't know how to fix it because I have never tried, but I would also like to learn if there is a solution to this.

#3 brokentwice

brokentwice

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:35 AM

Its the Drive sticking if thats the case then. I have fixed many of these.

one Way is to take out the rubber band that opens the tray and wash it With soap water and put it back in and if that helps.

#4 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

my 360 drive does the same thing whenever it is standing on edge. when the 360 is flat on a table, this issue does not occur.

#5 crowdogx

crowdogx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:58 PM

if you flick your thumb to the right on the drive
about an inch in and keep flicking it to the right it usualy opens
smile.gif

what i do is drop the drive belt in boiling water for about a minute
then clean the wheels it fits round with alchohol and a cotton bud

this usualy does the trick

also i have noticed that if you keep a game in the drive it opens no problems

#6 K4BS

K4BS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:58 PM

Thanks guys for the help. I will take a look at the rubber belt in the drives later tonight and let you know how it goes.

It just seemed such a coincidence that it started happenning after I flashed them but tbh the sugestion about the rubber belt makes more sense.

#7 K4BS

K4BS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:43 AM

Thanks guys for your help. Would have still been scratching my head wondering what went wrong if it were not for your advice.

I took the rubber belt out cleaned it and the spindles with some alcohol, then put the rubber belt back in and the tray opens every time now with or without a disc inserted.

And here I was thinking it had something to do with me flashing the drives, lol. Did give me quite a scare though.

#8 Sauce3

Sauce3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:42 PM

Mine is also in this state with the main light on the console blinking rapidly (is if it were in ModeB). I cant figure out a method of fixing it.

#9 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:20 AM

My customer has the same problems. It doesn't eject sometimes...but it only happens once in a while? You have to tap the face plate to get it working? I guess it's a samsung drive specific problem. His was also a ms25

#10 Elite_Mods

Elite_Mods

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:16 AM

This is a typical problem with sammy drives. Its not a good idea to expose the rubber band to alcohol or water based products as they will eventually cause them to go hard and crack. I find it best to clean all the dust and gunk out of the gear drive for starters. Then on the top of the spindle face I place about 4 or 5 layers of thin clear sticky tape and cut it in a round circle to follow the pattern on the spindle(use craft knife for ease). Be sure to also cut out the small circle in the middle of the spindle as it will stop the other half of the disk holder catching when the drive is closed. All this does is place a small gap between the magnet in the spindle and the metal plate in the spindle hat, thus making the magnetic grip it has a little weaker. If you do this wrong you will hear funny noises when the disk is inserted which means you have made the gap way to big or didnt cut out the small circle in the spindle and the disk is unable to be gripped. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users