• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xb-360

xb-360

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:49 AM

I am having a hard time with the search function in xbox-scene. Its either real slow or comes back with nothing found so I thought I might ask my question here.

There are basically two types of all in one connectivity hardware to help eliminate you from having to doi any soldering.
One has completely eliminated all of the soldering by redboxmods dot com.

Its called the Xtractor360 and a SPEAR add on probe. The Xtractor360 eliminates all the soldering of the Rx, Tx, 3.3volt and Ground connections on the liteon drive. The SPEAR takes it one step further so that you do not have to solder those two points on the Liteon drive. This system uses the maximus software.

The other hardware is by www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-xb_x3sl10.html

There are a couple of versions on that site one sais its solderless but that is untrue. Like the xtractor360 the xecuter eliminates soldering the Rx, Tx, 3.3volt and Ground connections but still does not offer anything like the xtractor360 where it offers the SPEAR so you do not have to solder the two middle traces on the liteon drive.

Has anyone tried either one of these pieces of hardware or comment on them. Also the software. I am not sure which company but one of the versions of the software was extracting the drive key incorrectly and then flashing the drive with a bogus key bricking the drive since this operation was automated. This was for earlier Xbox 360's without a liteon drive.

Has this issue been fixed? Its not a real big problem since the process if getting the key and burning the firmware is at least a 2 step procedure unlike before where it was automated not giving you a chance to grab the true key before it was done.

I know eventually I will buy one of these connectivity pieces of hardware but maybe I should wait to see if the Xecuter will catch up to the xtractor360 and have a similar Probe addon so you can eliminate all soldering on the Liteon Drive.

Thanks for reading my post and apologize for some misspelled words and grammar.

Edited by xb-360, 13 November 2008 - 07:52 AM.

#2 zoomerman

zoomerman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:modding and modding some more
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:55 AM

i personally use a ck3 and have flashed several drives with it but as always i soldered the 2 points never tried it without smile.gif

#3 crowncity

crowncity

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:07 AM

I just got the 360xtractor with the spear and tried it out. I followed all of the instructions on it and it said it read everything just fine. When I went to spoof it to a benq drive it gave me errors. turned out that the inquiry file didn't copy correctly and me being a smart one decided to solder the board, long story short I shorted out my board on the liteon and have no idea what to do with the key.bin ( thats the good file) to get this box working again.

The device works nicely once you get all the drivers installed.

#4 crowncity

crowncity

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:34 AM

I just got the 360xtractor with the spear and tried it out. I followed all of the instructions on it and it said it read everything just fine. When I went to spoof it to a benq drive it gave me errors. turned out that the inquiry file didn't copy correctly and me being a smart one decided to solder the board, long story short I shorted out my board on the liteon and have no idea what to do with the key.bin ( thats the good file) to get this box working again.

The device works nicely once you get all the drivers installed.

#5 neocon

neocon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(crowncity @ Nov 15 2008, 12:40 PM) View Post
. . . turned out that the inquiry file didn't copy correctly and me being a smart one decided to solder the board, long story short I shorted out my board on the liteon and have no idea what to do with the key.bin ( thats the good file) to get this box working again. . . .

Maybe this will help. Samsung MS25 Firmware for spoofing Lite-On Drives

. . .

This is a pre-spoofed and tested firmware for the Samsung MS-25 drive based on c4evas xtrm33 using BOTH Lite-On PLDS identify and enquiry strings.

The serial ID may be extracted from either the identify.bin or the enquiry.bin. It is the same serial ID repeated twice but must be spoofed into both locations or the console security can easily see the spoof. Failing to do so may result in an E65 error with subsequent dash updates. This feature is currently not supported in Drive switcher or Firmware Toolbox 4.8, its only half done.

The key may be extracted from key.bin

Use hex workshop to search and substitute the following lines for your unique serial and keys extracted from your Lite-On PLDS drive.

. . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users