• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 crash_2012

crash_2012

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Location:stuck in the matrix. trinity wont get off the phone, damn busy signal.
  • Interests:computers, and almost anything technical
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

ive been doing some searching around.. i know the 20 and 40 gig models dont come with the memory card slots(memory stick/SD/etc...). ive seen pix of the 60 gig being disassembled, but i cant find anything on the 40 or 20 gig models. is there the port for the front memory card slots inside the case on the 40 or 20 gig models?? if anyone knows, thnx.

#2 whoisscott

whoisscott

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:53 AM

i have a 40 gig. it only has 2 usb ports. I was thinking of modding it to have the extra memory card slots, readers, ect. So i'm curious about how to go through with it.

I have considered trying to find a replacement case for the original ps3 then adding the card slots myself. or trying to add the memory card readers along the bottom of the ps3 with the usb ports.

any ideas or comments on how i could achieve this?

#3 crash_2012

crash_2012

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Location:stuck in the matrix. trinity wont get off the phone, damn busy signal.
  • Interests:computers, and almost anything technical
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:22 AM

the reason i asked this, is cuz i saw this site that has the circuit board with the memory ports on it.
http://www.consolesh...o...=308&page=1

if theres the socket on the 40/20gig model where those connect to, i was thinkin about buying a broken ps3, and fixin it up. then throwing those ports into it.

#4 Kyleg001

Kyleg001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:00 AM

I know this post is a little old, but You can probably mod a Ps3 without the memory card reader to include one. I have been told that the newer Ps3's still have the case openings for the memory card readers, but the cover is screwed down, and missing the spring. I have modded a memory card reader board to plug into a usb port and this could simply be connected to an internal usb hub, as not to remove a front port. here is the link. However I'm not shure if it would fit because of the size of the PSU.

http://www.instructa...ard_Reader_as_/

you can find the memory card readers on Ebay

hope this helps someone.

#5 niai

niai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

looks like this could be the 1st real mod for the ps3 did it work in the ps3 i assume it did

:EDIT:
my 40gb(not backwards compatable) pal ps3 would nee some work to fit it in there but looks like it could be a fun project been wanting to do some thing to my ps3 will put up pics when the cam is back in my house

Edited by niai, 13 April 2009 - 12:09 AM.

#6 Kyleg001

Kyleg001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

I'll plug it in tonight and confirm, but I don't think there are any issues. It'd be nice to have the first mod under my belt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users