LORDMASH

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:13 PM

hi there installed a 162-d in this amdx2 5000+ pc and it reads games at 1.2xmax my kren drive in my pc takes about 20-25mins max this pc takes a hour a least and thats if it doesnt crash or error. i've checked to make sure its on salve and it is, so i'm lost,someone did say something about dma but whats dma?

#2 stumpy

stumpy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:01 PM

Howdo, have a look in device manager and have a look for your IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS and double click on your parallel ATA controller (assuming your kreon is IDE and not SATA) find the channel with your drive on and make sure it isn't set in PIO Mode. If it is just change it to DMA and tick the "let the bios select the mode" box.

Hope this works for ya bud

cheers

#3 LORDMASH

LORDMASH

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:33 PM

when i look at device manger i have 2 primary ide channels and 2 secondary ide plus others for my via card (sata/ide card)is this write?i have 2 ide connections on my mbo with 2 sata aswell on the board,then on the card ive got 3 sata 1 ide!i dont see why it doing it i took the drive out and put it in my pc and it reads loads faster(6x) !please someone save me its doing my nut!

#4 stumpy

stumpy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:04 PM

yes, you're looking in the right place. when you are looking through the priimary and secondary channels (could be either depending on which ide you are plugged in to) you should be looking for a:
TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D162C and under "transfer mode" check if it is currently set in PIO mode.

#5 Spartiku5

Spartiku5

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:36 PM

My Kreon doesn't like being slave i had to set it to master try that, my rips take 10-12 mins average

#6 LORDMASH

LORDMASH

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:19 PM

i'll try that,but seems weird coz i had this problem before when i upgrade from v0.80 to v1,my drive was on master and i posted elsewhere and kreon replyed and told me it was ment to be on salve so i swap it and its worked fine, i'll do it now and post in a bit

#7 LORDMASH

LORDMASH

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

i've got it on one of the secondary ide controllers as primary is my hd's
i've set it master instead salve and i'm trying to back cod5 and its doing it a 3.7x,so its better but what speeds d others get?i thought i got about 6x with my pc, i cant check till tomorrow,i wonder
thanks and if you could tell me your average speed that would be great
lordmash

#8 xtipd

xtipd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(stumpy @ Nov 16 2008, 04:37 AM) View Post

Howdo, have a look in device manager and have a look for your IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS and double click on your parallel ATA controller (assuming your kreon is IDE and not SATA) find the channel with your drive on and make sure it isn't set in PIO Mode. If it is just change it to DMA and tick the "let the bios select the mode" box.

Hope this works for ya bud

cheers

I also used this method after reinstalling the device many, many, many times to solve this problem when it happend to me.

#9 LORDMASH

LORDMASH

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:50 PM

well its working loads better i've seen it reading a 5.7x ,i'm sure my pc reads with it same drive at well over 6x,i am correct i cant check till i go home next week,can anyone tell me how fast they drive rips ie 6x
thanks people in advance fr any help given(i think this might be the best it will get20-25 min burns)

Edited by LORDMASH, 16 November 2008 - 01:51 PM.

#10 stumpy

stumpy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:40 PM

Howdo, glad to see you got it working bud. The default read speed setting should be 12X (check you have the latest version, i'm currently using 2.8 build:0275) After it says "reading game partition" in the dialogue window in should say "Setting read speed to 12x" If it isn't check under the options tab and on the right hand side you have a "drive specific" section and you can set the speed manually in there.

cheers

#11 LORDMASH

LORDMASH

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

it is set to 12x but 5.7 is the highest it will go and i'm using the latest build,ive tired pio and dma,i just cant seem to get it to read at full speed,funny thing is connect it to my pc and it works perfect?

#12 LORDMASH

LORDMASH

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

in my pc it reads viva pinarte(i think its called) at 8x in this new amd ive build it reads a 6x max i think that will have to do it reads in about 15mins so alls not lost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users