• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cryohavoc

Cryohavoc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Machinery, Metal, Electronics, Trance, Randomness, 1953 Chevy Sedan's, flaming on PS and Sony
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:10 AM

I've got an old 16-bit Genisis that I've been fiddling with for a while. When you turn it on there's no audio or video, but the red light IS on. I'm using the RF connection and I was hoping that mabey if I used the AV connection it would work, but I've bought 3 genesis AV cables and non of them fit this console. Does anyone possibly know what could be wrong, or is more info needed?

Cause for peats-sake, everytime my old grey gameboy fails, all I got to do is take it appart, tighten up all the spring tabs and ta-daa! It works! Aparently the little gnome that helps me fix things dosn't want to touch the sega.... blink.gif

#2 tbb033

tbb033

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:17 AM

Either you have a model 1 Genesis (that'd be the one with the headphone jack) and are using a model 2/3 a/v cord, or vice versa. When they redesigned the console, they changed the a/v cord's size for some reason.

There are adapters out there (for example, the 32x came with one because they didn't know which model people might have and needed to account for both) but I don't know if they are easy to find these days. Also maybe not of much help, but the Master System used the same a/v cord as the model 1 Genesis.

Good luck finding the cord you need. Hope the system works once you find it!

#3 tristanx

tristanx

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

try toggling the cable at the genesis and at the tv to be sure it's the cable. sometimes the connection becomes loose or degrade.

if it turns out to be the cable better than finding out the your genesis video just broke.

try ebay!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users