X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(RDC @ Nov 29 2008, 01:51 PM) View Post

Thanks again all, and for the amount of interest shown in this thing as well.
Ya buy a breadboard wink.gif, and I've been tinkering with electronics for awhile now. If I could get the hang of programming PICs or MCUs you'd see some right wild things though, like taking a 200 disc CD changer and turning it into the 360 drive, which would be my next 'adventure' in altering the DVD drive if I take it. The hardware part of it I don't think would be that big of a problem for me, though it would have it's moments of suk, but getting the thing to act like a tray loading DVD drive would require some coding for sure, it's just way too big of a mess to get into with basic Logic circuits and 555 timers, so for now I just have that idea off to the side and try things like this slot loader out. wink.gif

Have you ever looked into the basic stamp, or Picaxe? they are super easy to program (they use variations of Basic). you can even program them with a flowchart if you are not one for coding.

if you do know a bit of C or other similar languages, you can also get C compilers for the microchip Pic chips even for free. I played around with SDCC a little on a pic 16f628, which was lot faster than a basic stamp

programming in hardware like you do is cool.

#77 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:37 PM

Nice one dude, looks awesome.

Still remember how we had to use these shitty iMacs at school programming Java...
Was a pain in the ass the pieces of crap were slow as fuck and the virtual machine crashed quite often which was pretty annoying.
Thank God we got the new ones at college these are way better even though I wouldnt choose a Mac for myself over Linux....

Looks like you have found a nice way to recycle them biggrin.gif

#78 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

Thanks all for the comments, this thing is now on eBay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=180313791367

#79 icfan

icfan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE(RDC @ Dec 13 2008, 02:08 PM) View Post

Thanks all for the comments, this thing is now on eBay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=180313791367

Great Job! But what happened to it? Did you or eBay pull it?

#80 munchou

munchou

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:06 AM

Yes wtf ?
The bids were more than 400$ !!!!
uhh.gif

I was following with interest...
Btw it's an awesome work, impressive !

#81 Mholt215

Mholt215

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(munchou @ Dec 16 2008, 02:42 AM) View Post

Yes wtf ?
The bids were more than 400$ !!!!
uhh.gif

I was following with interest...
Btw it's an awesome work, impressive !

yea really, it was at 401$ with 4 days left !! My bet, is that ebay pulled it and not him.

#82 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:56 AM

Some idiot, don't know who yet, pulled it because of copyright infringement. The drive is completely stock in that aspect, no flashed FW at all. So either eBay has a complete retard that goes over those things or someone sent them an e-mail crying that it was modified when it's not, so they pulled a perfectly legal auction. I've already e-mailed them back and will have to see where this goes.

My apologies to anyone that bid on the thing and I'm working on getting this resolved or it'll just go back up for auction at a more respectable place that knows what they're doing.

#83 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

Alright, it's back up again, 5 day listing this time so it can still hopefully make it in time to be a decent Christmas present for someone. wink.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=180314546745

#84 trogdor097

trogdor097

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(RDC @ Dec 16 2008, 10:18 AM) View Post
Alright, it's back up again, 5 day listing this time so it can still hopefully make it in time to be a decent Christmas present for someone. wink.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=180314546745

YAY!

#85 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

Well since eBay is full of the biggest hypocrites in the world, rapid fire controllers abound but I can't post a perfectly stock running 360 without being called for copyright infringement, not to mention some of the absolute dumbest people around that can't tell the difference between a modchip and a slot loader, like to know exactly where they get off on thinking so, this thing is no longer on eBay (again) and nothing I have or make ever will be from now on, I'm taking it elsewhere, just no idea where yet.

Thanks to all that looked and my apologies to anyone that bid on it after hearing about it from here, but eBay has no clue and I wash my hands of them.

As well as if anyone has any serious offers I can be PM'd about it HERE. If it goes up on some other site I'll be sure to let everyone know.

#86 trogdor097

trogdor097

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(RDC @ Dec 17 2008, 12:59 AM) View Post
Well since eBay is full of the biggest hypocrites in the world, rapid fire controllers abound but I can't post a perfectly stock running 360 without being called for copyright infringement, not to mention some of the absolute dumbest people around that can't tell the difference between a modchip and a slot loader, like to know exactly where they get off on thinking so, this thing is no longer on eBay (again) and nothing I have or make ever will be from now on, I'm taking it elsewhere, just no idea where yet.

Thanks to all that looked and my apologies to anyone that bid on it after hearing about it from here, but eBay has no clue and I wash my hands of them.

As well as if anyone has any serious offers I can be PM'd about it HERE. If it goes up on some other site I'll be sure to let everyone know.

try starting a bidding in the BST

#87 crash_2012

crash_2012

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Location:stuck in the matrix. trinity wont get off the phone, damn busy signal.
  • Interests:computers, and almost anything technical

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:33 PM

wow, ebay does suck. pulled again. maybe throw in the post that there is no warranty offered with this, or use the word custom instead of modded... LOL

#88 sunnyhundal

sunnyhundal

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:13 AM

Wow, Amazing, You have officially received Baller Status

#89 Mholt215

Mholt215

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(crash_2012 @ Dec 17 2008, 02:09 PM) View Post

wow, ebay does suck. pulled again. maybe throw in the post that there is no warranty offered with this, or use the word custom instead of modded... LOL

Ya he would probably have a better chance then. Ive seen plenty of custom controllers, but no techy ebay mods may not realize that the xbox isnt flashed with ixtreme, its just custom.

RDC try starting one last ebay auction, "Custom Xbox 360 Slot loading DVD drive"

I bet it wont get taken off.

#90 light-of-jesus

light-of-jesus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

RDC you also might want to put in a disclaimer that you have not broken any copyright infringement laws. That the system was customized and no firmware or anything was modified. The system is normal, but the drive has just be changed from a tray to slot loading system. eBay sucks and has almost no common sense. I suggest you don't use the word modded or modified anywhere in the auction though. As they use a program called VERO that flags items that include words they deem "risky".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users