3 replies to this topic

#1 f575gtc

f575gtc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:28 AM

Anyone else have this issue where you're flashed BenQ drive reads certain games slowly?

I have a BenQ pruchased July 2008 and it is flashed using ixtreme1.41 x12 and in certain games like midnight club : la I get severe pop in sometimes its unplayable because my car flies through the streets and floats in them...

this also started when I first played fable 2 and I started noticing it very little, midnight club la and gears of war 2 both have it midnight club has tons of and gow2 has a little pop in in the surrounding areas.

games like forza 2 and dead space are perfectly fine.

these are all burnt on Verbatim DLs @ 2.4x using a Samsung burner.

I have searched about this problem and found a thread but it ended in june of 2008 anyone else find a fix for this?

#2 NoIncentive

NoIncentive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:50 AM

Yep. I've seen lots of them. BenQs are known for this. You should see the pop-in issues GTA IV has. Some can be fixed with a POT adjestment. I, personally, swapped mine with an old ms25 I had laying around.

#3 phistyle

phistyle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:08 AM

I experienced the same thing...Two worlds was running fine on my hitachi and then I pop it in the Benq xbox 360 and it loaded slow and froze at the menu a couple of times before it would work properly..

#4 f575gtc

f575gtc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:48 AM

wont that throw a red flag if I use a samsung drive in a systemt hat came with a benq drive?

also is this something that can be addressed with a firmware tweak or is it a physical limitation of the drive?

I dont hear complaints about the original firmware only the flashed one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users