e51v50h

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

Hi!! I have an Xbox version 1.4 that I had tried to do a tsop flash which failed for some reason or another (i think I used a noncompatible Bios) so due to Lordvaders suggestion i bought a Duox2 chip and installed that in this box to revive it. After the instal i turned on the xbox and the splash screen came up blue x and said "xecuter 2" @ the bottom and then a black screen came on and the front light of the xbox turned orange and stayed orange. i then put in AID 4.30 and selected "Modchip 1 click installs" and selected "XBMC". When it got done installing it asked me to shutdown, so i did and started it right back up just to eject the AID cd then rebooted again. It went through the blue x splash screen with the xecuter2 at the bottom and then came to an error screen with error "13". I tried both banks 1 & 2 and both came to the same screen. Also i noticed that the chip is flashing on and off a red light. What have i done wrong? Any ideas???

Thanks!! biggrin.gif

J.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:34 PM

Error 13 means it can't find the dashboard. I'm not sure where the standard BIOS on the DuoX2 looks for dashboards, or where AID installs its dashboards (I'm nowhere near an Xbox at the moment so I can't check), but I'm fairly certain that if you boot with AID then use ftp to copy evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini to the C partition, it will boot happily. If not then try putting evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini on the E partition.

Once that's working (i.e. you know that the DuoX2 install is OK), you can sort out where on the E or F drives the BIOS is looking for dashboards, and then install your preferred dash to one of those locations.

#3 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:29 AM

Start with the basics:

To test console, simply boot AID, then select the option to install MS dash 5960.
Once done, reboot and it should boot to the stock MS dash. If that works, then you know your hdd is fine and it's just a matter of installing your hacked dashboard to the correct place.

Error 13 is usually a hard drive problem, but not always.
A bad ethernet port will do that as well.

Edited by Alex548, 19 November 2008 - 01:31 AM.

#4 litspliff

litspliff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:electronics, music, your sister.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:45 AM

your xbox can't find the dashboard you are installing. (that's what error 13 is)
the duoX2 (blue, i'm guessing is what you have) with the switch on bank one (X2blue) will look for the file evoxdash.xbe in the root directory of a partition. (i.e. C:\evoxdash.xbe, E:\evoxdash.xbe, F:\evoxdash.xbe.

i can't remember which partition X2-blue boots from by default, but C:\ is a good bet.

don't install XBMC boot, that's where you're fucking up.
you need to edit your bios bootpath if you want to do that.

also note, that the flashing red light on the chip is a good thing.
it means the chip is working.

i suggest using FTP to set up your HD, rather than bullshit auto-installers.
if you boot with your installer disc, you should be able to FTP into the box. user: xbox, pass: xbox.
if your boot disc doesn't allow FTP, then it's bullshit. get slayer's or something like that.

i should also mention (for consistency)...you can install XBMC boot on this bios, but you must place all the XBMC stuff in a root directory and rename default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe, so you can try that also once you get your feet on the ground. start simple with evox.

Edited by litspliff, 20 November 2008 - 06:49 AM.

#5 e51v50h

e51v50h

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:31 PM

but I'm fairly certain that if you boot with AID then use ftp to copy evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini to the C partition, it will boot happily
that worked like a charm!! wink.gif

don't install XBMC boot, that's where you're fucking up
The first thing i always think of when modding an xbox is concerned is XBMC.... i guess i jumped the gun a little on this one!! laugh.gif

also note, that the flashing red light on the chip is a good thing
i read a little more forum posts and finally read that somewhere. That flashing "red" light is rather decieving. When something flashes "red" my mind automatically thinks bad things... rolleyes.gif

It is up and running XBMC!! biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the help guys!! wink.gif

J.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users