• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 denis6902

denis6902

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

Hi everyone, yesterday i spend a good time of my day trying to connect myself with the xbox 360 through the windows media center.

To begin with i will try to explain how i am connected to my network:

CONNECTED TO THE ADSL ROUTER:
MY PC (TEAMING NETWORK 2 GB ETHERNET PORTS)
BELKIN WIRELESS G ROUTER
XBOX 360 CONNECTED WITH CABLE ON THE BACK OF THE WIRELESS G ROUTE

Until yesterday i also had COMODO PRO FIREWALL(v3.5) installed on my pc, but i tried many different ways to allow certain ports and programs to be bypassed by the firewall. However the mission just started to get even more difficult and complicated, as my internet connecting was crashing every 2 min, and the only way to get back connected to the internet (ON PC) was to close firefox, open ccleaner and clean files. Probably one of the GLOBAL RULES i added, was not right or correctly setup, as the ADSL ROUTER was propably trying to renew ip, and the firewall kept blocking it somehow. I dont understand much about networking, but i think i must have been something like that.

Therefore, i uninstalled the COMODO FIREWALL PRO, as well as using the Registry cleaner from COMODO to fully delete registry settings and others.

Happily i though, now i will be able to connect through the Windows Media Center. Silly me, this thingy is more complicated than Microsoft itself. I tried looking at different methods of allowing WINDOWS FIREWALL to bypass this, and again no luck whatsoever.

Could anyone please help me, as i tried everything i could and i still cannot get connect through the Windows Extender way.

When running Network tests on the xbox 360 dashboard all tests run just fine, there is no error or anything like that.

I am also able to watch videos from my pc when Selecting Videos on dashboard.

This is why i dont undertand what is going on, if network tests run fine and i am also able to watch the videos from my pc on the xbox, why on earth can't i get connected through the Windows Media Center (Extender)??????

INFO:
Antivirus & Firewalls active:
NOD32 v2.70.39
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0
Windows Firewall ON
WINDOWS DEFENDER ON

#2 denis6902

denis6902

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:47 AM

please help

#3 denis6902

denis6902

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:38 AM

i turned the windows firewall off, so no firewall on pc now, and still get the same **** thingy. why?
as soon as he xbox is on i get the icon on system tray saying that xbox media extender is available, but it always gets stuck at the same point when configuring the windows media extender 3rd step.

does this have anything to do with tunnelling settings from my main ADLS router? My pc sometimes ramdonly loses connection and i have to close firefox to clear cache, then opening firefox again i get connected to the internet.

please help!

#4 run187

run187

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:49 PM

Add everything to media player then allow xbox to share in that

"first download window media player 11

then when you done open the window media player 11

then click on library menu

then click on media sharing (it should be there hope you have one)

then click on xbox 360 icon and then click allow on xbox 360

then go on xbox choose one music,picture,video then click computer then no problem"
Thats alot easier and then you can play pretty much anything on xbox
Im using media player 12 or I would have look at mine (win 7 rocks smile.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users