• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hidd3nFury

Hidd3nFury

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:01 PM

I recently bought an elite with the BenQ drive and have been attempting to flash it.

I've previously flashed a samsung and 2 difeerent types of hitachi without any trouble.

I've followed the textbook guide completely but when i get to the reading firmware part i get stuck.

1. Follow the prompts on the screen, make sure your 360 is OFF and press any key to continue. Press Y to resend the MTK Vendor Intro.
2. Turn on the Xbox 360 and wait 2 or more seconds, status toggles between 0x51 and 0xD1.
3. Turn off the Xbox 360 and wait 2 or more seconds, status will stay at 0xD1.
4. Turn on the Xbox 360, you should get a good drive status 0x73 and reading should begin automatically.

At stage 4 when i turn the 360 on, the staus switches between 0x52 and 0xD2 instead of going to 0x73.

Any help would be much appreciated =)

Cheers

#2 mason7773

mason7773

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:00 AM

That meens the drive you got is a benq (Lite-On) and they cannot be flashed yet unless you spoof the drive.

You should use the LINK below on benq drives befor you open them to make sure its a benq and not (benq Lite-On) drive.

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=rdhL6dT3ZOI

Hope this helped.

PS: Lite-On drives are found in all Brand new retail systems, so if you want to flash the drive dont buy a new one, buy a second hand one.

Edited by mason7773, 20 November 2008 - 03:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users