• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MrBoxMan

MrBoxMan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:07 PM

Please microsoft give people the OPTION to use old school blades interface. I personally hate the look of NXE which looks like a second rate media-player interface. I'm running a legit non-modded Xbox 360, I'm a live gold member who enjoys live gaming and looked forward to renewing my membership in just under a years time. Now, with considerable irritation, I'm contemplating giving up using live for good in order to save me from being forced, against my will, to switch to that new look. I do feel very cheated by this as I have *paid* to use live for a year and, it seems, will have used it for just under a month before this was roled out. If I had known you were going to force me to do this I would never have paid for live in the first place. I therefore wish to petition you to enable the old blades dashboard as a 'theme' in NXE, working in those fancy new functions you're evidently so keen on if you see fit (or not). Personally I have no desire to purchase films from the internet, and if I want to stream media I'll use a propper media player.

I also am disenfranchised by the fact that I *PAID* for several old blades themes which will nolonger work (acceptibly) under NXE.

All in all microsoft I'm not at all pleased. I will be even less so if new games start requiring I update.

I beseach you to rectify this issue.

Those who agree with me feel free to voice your discontent below.

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

It is a bit late now to worry about it.
Personally so far I like the new system, the blade system was dated.
As for live. Surely you bought live to access the content and play against other live users. the blade system not being the dash does not stop that.

#3 johnnyrico

johnnyrico

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:19 PM

the NXE's UI is appearently based on the Zune, to give the 360 more of a place as a general home entertainment system.
so you don't want it, fine, people didn't want XP when it came out because it looked too different.
upon installing NXE you agreed to the new terms of service for Xbox live, one of those terms is MS reserves the right to pull the plug on live any moment it sees fit.

#4 MrBoxMan

MrBoxMan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Nov 19 2008, 09:51 PM) View Post

It is a bit late now to worry about it.

They could still introduce it in a future update.

Personally so far I like the new system, the blade system was dated.

I don't know. I kind of feel it's design is wanting. PMIII for XBMC - now that's a beautiful modern skin. Blades looked cool and did the job well. I quite enjoyed using it. NXE mechanics and animations look fine but overall everything from the colourscheme and navigation through to background and shape is horrid.

As for live. Surely you bought live to access the content and play against other live users. the blade system not being the dash does not stop that.

That's certainly why I bought it (though MS charges for a ridiculous amount of content). However if the cost of using live is to sacrifice my lovely dashboard I may simply stick to playing on Xlink kai despite having forked out for live. Changing the dash could prove to be a big dealbreaker for me in terms of live. Of course defeatest part of me is begining to think that as new games come out that require the console to be updated I'll be forced to change anyway.

Anyway leastways MS should know about my dis-satisfaction. I can't be the only one. I fully expect it will be ignored. But you never know if enough people think like me they may make it possible to switch between the two themes....well I can dream.

#5 Devedander

Devedander

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

While Live is mostly for playing online games and accessing online content, my car is mainly for driving me around. That said if Toyota suddenly changed the interior to lime green, regardless of it still driving I wouldn't be happy...

#6 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(MrBoxMan @ Nov 19 2008, 12:01 PM) View Post

Anyway leastways MS should know about my dis-satisfaction. I can't be the only one. I fully expect it will be ignored. But you never know if enough people think like me they may make it possible to switch between the two themes....well I can dream.

maybe you should complain to somebody that can make a difference for you though... besides calling 18004myxbox to complain directly to m$, the xbox.com forums would be a much better place to lodge a complaint than the x-s forums. even if they are pulling data on users from here, which i highly doubt, they surely are not noting our complaints.

#7 Slimsey

Slimsey

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:12 AM

Wow I can't believe anyone is complaining about a free upgrade !
Sounds to me like you just like to complain !!
If MS were to give out the latest PC OS for free I'm sure you'd be complaining about that too!

I think its going to take some getting used to like any changes, but I for one like the fact that the update is here, It's almost like I just got a new 360 without having to shell out cash for it.

If you don't like "Change" maybe you should go get yourself a nice used Xbox 1. They aren't updating those ;-)
Meanwhile.. for the rest of us, Onwards and upwards!!!!

#8 MrBoxMan

MrBoxMan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(Slimsey @ Nov 20 2008, 02:48 AM) View Post

Wow I can't believe anyone is complaining about a free upgrade !
Sounds to me like you just like to complain !!
If MS were to give out the latest PC OS for free I'm sure you'd be complaining about that too!

Lets not be silly. I'm not complaining about the fact that dash updates are free I'm complaining about a MANDATORY update. I'm complaining that microsoft is taking a giant new dashboard sapository and trying to ram it....well you get the picture.

I Like updates. I dislike the control freakery MS is imposing. I dislike the new design. I dislike that I forked out cash for live not knowing they would do this and I dislike being robbed of choice.

Just the same as I suspect you would be pi$$ed off if MS came and reformatted your computer and whapped some updated version of windows on without your consent. MS are pretty much going to force me to do it, I can of course stick with older games. However if I want to use my live membership, which I've paid for, or if I want to play newer games they will make me change the dash. I didn't buy my xbox to play only old games that were currently out, and I didn't know they'd be changing the dash to that mess before I bought it. I'm nonplussed.

If you don't like "Change" maybe you should go get yourself a nice used Xbox 1. They aren't updating those ;-)

I'm the happy owner of 5 of these all running XBMC...and I love constantly changing and updating skins on it. It can kick the a$$ of Xbox 360 as a media player any day of the week. It now streams and plays most things under the sun not to mention you don't need to run some stupid propriatory program on your desktop in order to access music on network sources.

Meanwhile.. for the rest of us, Onwards and upwards!!!!

I'm not opposed to progress. I just disagree that this is progress. Give me a 'cooler' dash any day. Problem with this is it isn't cooler. It's uglier.

The guy that talked about changing his cars interior is right on the money.

I may eventually have to upgrade anyway.

As for where to post it, yes I suppose I could register for MSs own forum I'm not sure how pro-debate on the issue the mods there will be mind you. I can see the thread being deleted. Still no reason not to talk about it here.

Edited by MrBoxMan, 20 November 2008 - 01:39 AM.

#9 Fapper

Fapper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:57 AM

Hey all, is anyone else noticing that the Game Add-Ons section, when you click on new releases, doesn't actually show all of the new releases? Such as the new Rock Band music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users