• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 davomyster

davomyster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:46 PM

After applying the nxe update, whenever I try to play one of my h.264 encoded video files that played perfectly fine before the update, I'm told that I need to download another update to play the video. The problem is that my router's NAT is restrictive and I cannot connect to LIVE while connected to my home network where the video is shared. I have to plug directly into my modem to connect to LIVE.

The problem is that to download the update, I have to be directly connected to the modem but in order to be presented with the option to download the update, I must attempt to open my video which is shared over my network, which means I must be connected to my home network!

Has anyone else ran into this problem? How do I download this video update other than the method described above?

#2 logicbomb.de

logicbomb.de

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(davomyster @ Nov 20 2008, 02:22 PM) View Post

After applying the nxe update, whenever I try to play one of my h.264 encoded video files that played perfectly fine before the update, I'm told that I need to download another update to play the video. The problem is that my router's NAT is restrictive and I cannot connect to LIVE while connected to my home network where the video is shared. I have to plug directly into my modem to connect to LIVE.

The problem is that to download the update, I have to be directly connected to the modem but in order to be presented with the option to download the update, I must attempt to open my video which is shared over my network, which means I must be connected to my home network!

Has anyone else ran into this problem? How do I download this video update other than the method described above?

Easy,

setup yopur 360 so it can connect to LIVE

Copy your h.264 video file to a thumb drive or FAT32 formatted USB hard drive.

Alternately burn to cd/dvd.

pop in your disc/USB drive and try to play the video. from there it should prompt you to d/l the media codec update.

Edited by logicbomb.de, 20 November 2008 - 08:00 PM.

#3 davomyster

davomyster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

cool, I'll try that right away. Thanks!

#4 davomyster

davomyster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:28 PM

yep, worked. thanks again. Seems pretty stupid that I should have to do this again

#5 logicbomb.de

logicbomb.de

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(davomyster @ Nov 20 2008, 05:04 PM) View Post

yep, worked. thanks again. Seems pretty stupid that I should have to do this again

Yeah it is pretty dumb.

My guess is that they're trying to give the modders a harder time with their systems.

trying to preserve the advantage of having a "legit" system.

#6 TKGK

TKGK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:23 AM

Question about 264 and the 360... I've always used the original XBOX softmodded to a XBMC for my media streaming from my XP SP3 based system... and the reason i haven't been using the 360 is because i thought it couldn't playback 264, if it could, i'd be downloading episodes in 720p instead...

So, how do u get the xbox360 to play 264 files in the .mkv container utilizing an XP based system (with WMP11 of course).

Do you have to change the container to something else (avi?), if so, how (recommendations, i can google myself). and does your computer have to be able to play the files ?

thanks in advance

#7 TraktioN

TraktioN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(TKGK @ Nov 20 2008, 11:59 PM) View Post

Question about 264 and the 360... I've always used the original XBOX softmodded to a XBMC for my media streaming from my XP SP3 based system... and the reason i haven't been using the 360 is because i thought it couldn't playback 264, if it could, i'd be downloading episodes in 720p instead...

So, how do u get the xbox360 to play 264 files in the .mkv container utilizing an XP based system (with WMP11 of course).

Do you have to change the container to something else (avi?), if so, how (recommendations, i can google myself). and does your computer have to be able to play the files ?

thanks in advance

Ya in order to play h.264 it needs to be in a mp4 container with AAC sound (2 channel only). I use a program called gotsent to repackage my mkv files which also changes the audio aswell. Make sure you run the program with admin rights. Heres a quote from the xbox team website.

What exactly does the Xbox 360 support for H.264?

Xbox 360 supports the following for H.264:

File Extensions: .mp4, .m4v, mp4v, .mov

Containers: MPEG-4, QuickTime

Video Profiles: Baseline, main, and high (up to Level 4.1) profiles.

Video Bitrate: 10 Mbps with resolutions of 1920 x 1080 at 30fps. See question number 11 for more information.

Audio Profiles: 2 channel AAC low complexity (LC)

Audio Max Bitrate: No restrictions. See question number 11 for more information.

Edited by TraktioN, 05 December 2008 - 11:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users