Photo

Is It Safe To Connect To Xbox Live Now .. ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ahmadka

ahmadka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:54 AM

Hi guys ... well as you probably know, there was an Xbox LIVE Ban Hammer very recently ... has it finished ?

Is it safe to access LIVE again ??

Also, is it safe to get the new Dashboard update ?

btw I have a modded console, which I think has the iXtreme 1.4 firmware ...

#2 Xplic1T

Xplic1T

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

What an idiot

#3 cardyology

cardyology

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(Xplic1T @ Nov 21 2008, 01:42 PM) View Post

What an idiot

Bit harsh mate blink.gif

Answer is, nobody knows & there is no way of telling if xbox live is "safe" or not.

The safest thing is not to play games before thier release dates, apart from that its anybodys guess what will happen.
As far as the NXE goes, yeah thats "safe" to install (I installed it along with many others) but again, who knows what MS will pull out of their asses in a months time.

Also, I'm not one to give shit to people for being new but you will get grief off other forum users, not just here but on any forum if you make a new thread without searching for the answer to your question first.

There is a sticky AND a nother topic about the recent ban/ban-wave already on this board! AND one about "surviving the NXE update"

Read/search first, post later biggrin.gif

Edited by cardyology, 21 November 2008 - 04:53 PM.

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(ahmadka @ Nov 21 2008, 12:30 PM) View Post

Hi guys ... well as you probably know, there was an Xbox LIVE Ban Hammer very recently ... has it finished ?

Is it safe to access LIVE again ??

Also, is it safe to get the new Dashboard update ?

btw I have a modded console, which I think has the iXtreme 1.4 firmware ...

The ban wave happened in an instant and was over within a few seconds. The thing is that if your console has been flagged for a ban then you are already banned even if you never log onto Live again. There is no such thing as (O my people are being banned I will just wait until its over and I will be safe)

If you are banned you wont know until you try to log onto Live. If you can log on then you got past this ban wave.

#5 sambox

sambox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:37 PM

If you are not flaged and not banned (who knows?! :-)), then it could be wise to stay away from the update. Because there could be hidden banhammer inside, which flags your system for the next banwave (M$ would be stupid to ban short after the update ...) ... But who knows ?! :-) But .... ;-) perhaps during you wait there are some drunken hackers who analyse the nxe and give you a ok that nxe is clean ;-)

#6 palmeiro

palmeiro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(sambox @ Nov 21 2008, 09:13 AM) View Post

If you are not flaged and not banned (who knows?! :-)), then it could be wise to stay away from the update. Because there could be hidden banhammer inside, which flags your system for the next banwave (M$ would be stupid to ban short after the update ...) ... But who knows ?! :-) But .... ;-) perhaps during you wait there are some drunken hackers who analyse the nxe and give you a ok that nxe is clean ;-)

See, I totally disagree here. I think people who are waiting are waiting just for the sake of waiting. They don't know what's coming. They don't know if anything is coming. All people know is that if they're safe now then they're safe now. Let's say there is something hidden in the NXE. Do you think it'll EVER be safe? If Microsoft did find a new way to detect then when will you be able to really go on? Can you go on in 2 weeks? 2 months? 2 years? The new TOS basically states they can put any program they desire onto your XBox to check for modification. So if they find a new way to get around this new method of detection (if one will ever show up) then would you feel safe to go on the next day? What if Microsoft comes out with new method to download onto your XBox and check for the new thing?

One thing is certain and that's that you can go on RIGHT NOW. There's nothing new in the stream. The NXE didn't bring anything new... so far. So why "ban" yourself right now out of choice? I say play now because if this NXE does indeed have something new to detect then chances are it'll never end. You'll never be safe. So why not play while you can? I personally think people waiting are just that: waiting. They don't have any plan in the future set.

#7 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(sambox @ Nov 21 2008, 06:13 PM) View Post

Thinking that way Microsoft does not need to ban anyone. All they have to do is make people scared and then they will ban themselves from Live.

This is what I don't understand about people. The flash their consoles and spend every moment trying everything they can NOT to go on Live. For god sake if you are trying so hard NOT to go on Live then haven't you already banned yourself from Live without Microsoft having done anything?

It is this simple.

Flash your drive and go have fun on Live with your own retail games or backups you made of your own games and have fun knowing there MAY be a very small risk at some point getting banned. Or Flash your drive and don't bother ever hooking a network to your 360 and have fun with your games. Or Don't flash and have fun on Live without any worries at all.

I just wish everyone who spends more than 1 minute worrying about their Live service would never flash their drive to begin with.

#8 mick.mckenna3

mick.mckenna3

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 21 2008, 09:04 PM) View Post

I just wish everyone who spends more than 1 minute worrying about their Live service would never flash their drive to begin with.

Possibly one of the best points i've seen and something that should pop up on any mod apps lol.

From the moment you start to mod your console you need to ASSUME you are going to get banned, any amount of time you manage to dodge the bullet should be looked at as a bonus

Edited by mick.mckenna3, 21 November 2008 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users