red_ring_of_box

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:39 AM

Hello all I am normally posting in the xbox section of this site, but I recently downgraded my psp fat from 2.81 to 1.5, so my question is about custom firmware. I have seen many mods online for psp that say they require a certain custom firmware, but what I am confused about is what is so special about this firmware to begin with. Is it the official Sony updates, but just supped up to run mods? If I don't like the custom firmware can I remove it/downgrade it? I'm running emulators and stuff just fine, so I don't see why it is superior to 1.5 firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 stealthplayer

stealthplayer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Games and Girls!
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:19 AM

custom firmwares basically are newer firmwares, with all their bug fixes, with new features, but still retain the 1.5 ability to run homebrew, as well as bukups.. another point is, if you play games either, some new games require you to update the firmware before you can even launch the game, so thats all advantages of custom firmwares... if you dont play games its your choice... lol i would update.

#3 red_ring_of_box

red_ring_of_box

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:22 AM

thanks man I've just updated to 5.00 M33-3 just last night and Ive got to say its pretty sweet. Thanks though on this info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users