• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 clarkj

clarkj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:13 PM

So i just bought and played Gears Of War for like 3 hours last night with a friend. . (Co-Op)
This game is AWESOME. I consider myself a pretty hardcore Halo fan, as i own and have beaten all 3 halo games multiple times, but this game stomps halo. Everything about this game is fantastic, weapons all kick ass, Like the BolTok pistol. I was blowing Drones to pieces with this amazing weapon, and a there is nothing like a head-shot with this beast to bring a Locust to a pile of ugly, dead meat. The lancer, what a magical peace of fictionally machinery this is, chainsawing wretches is like nothing else. Until i actually played Gears, i thought it was just an insanely gory bloodfest, but there is so much more to this game than just running around shooting like in halo. Amazingly, me and my friend were working out strategies in order to defeat a Troika Turret or a berzerker, like I'll flank him to the right, just give me cover fire. Running and gunning gets old fast, but taking cover and taking planned shots, is a lot more exciting i think. Everything about this game is perfect... Except for the grenades, which i think are a pain in the ass to use. In halo you can just chuck a grenades, and it usually hits the target. I used grenades quite a bit in halo, i became quite skillful with a well placed frag next to a group of enemies, or popping out of cover for a quick moment to stick an unsuspecting Covenant soldier. But overall, this game is simply amazing.

Why didn't anyone tell me this game was amazing?!!!

#2 Syc

Syc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:42 PM

Then you should be happy to know that Gears 2 came out earlier this month....

#3 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

moving to gears chat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic