2 replies to this topic

#1 Devedander

Devedander

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:39 AM

Not sure if this really belongs in the theories thread, but I found this interesting... I guess we all knew stuff like this happened but up until now I had really only ever heard of MS banning for mods.

Well apparently the account hacking is a significant issue and MS said of those trying to get gamertag info

"We will ban that console and any associated Gamertags."

I wonder if some of those banned without mods didn't realize or weren't mentioning that they had tried messing around with others accounts... or maybe they were just confused with others who were doing this sort of thing.

http://xbox360.ign.c...3/933332p1.html

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:58 PM

Good, anyone that phish's someone into a jo blog giving out there password should be banned. It really takes me of cause sure it's obvious to us but if your a noob you can be drawn in.

Personally I see nothing wrong with any of this banning, it's simple, read TOS before you start to mod/phish what ever.

If it is a genuine mistake and you can prove it, MS will unban you. I think this should stay in the theory thread to keep the forum tidy.

#3 Devedander

Devedander

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(bucko @ Nov 26 2008, 10:34 AM) View Post

Good, anyone that phish's someone into a jo blog giving out there password should be banned. It really takes me of cause sure it's obvious to us but if your a noob you can be drawn in.

Personally I see nothing wrong with any of this banning, it's simple, read TOS before you start to mod/phish what ever.

If it is a genuine mistake and you can prove it, MS will unban you. I think this should stay in the theory thread to keep the forum tidy.

While I am not a noob and have dodged my fair share of phishes all over the net, I realized that things like pets name and birthplace are things you might well casually bring up in game chat... I have probably given away some info unknowingly before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users