• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Moddage

Moddage

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff, mostly computers/electronics, Video games, XBOX :D, stuff like that.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:29 AM

As the title says.. I too have a Jasper.. Scoldingice may have beat me.. but i feel like sharing!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

As you can see.. 2008-10-23

last digits of the serial indicate 8 = 2008 43 = 43rd week in the year and 05 = 5th day of the week..

Lot num is also indicator 0843X

and Team FDOU

So.. look for THIS OR NEWER!!!! and you should most definitely have a jasper!

also.. the console i returned to get my hands on this one.. was dated 2008-10-08 with lot of 0841 and said 175W on it.. 14.2A ... so .. possible early jasper with old tags ? or still a falcon.. i dunno..

I do know that the fans made a whining noise like they were going bad.. which landed me a jasper smile.gif

Thanks for your time..

and if i'm feeling gutsy enough.. i MAY peek at the inside..

but probably not.. someone else will probably beat me to it after black friday and i will be able to keep my warranty smile.gif

~Moddage

Edited by Moddage, 27 November 2008 - 11:29 AM.

#2 Mizzl

Mizzl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

Dude, could you do us a favor and please take a pic of the power inlet on your xbox and of the power plug that goes into that inlet?

#3 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:42 PM

finally took long enough lol don't spose you wanna break your warranty and look at the CPU and GPU text under the heat sinks tongue.gif seems people are less willing now with the randomness of ROD. Thanks if you do.

#4 simonduz

simonduz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:07 PM

Do you mind sharing where you were able to purchase this?

#5 Wuss360

Wuss360

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:25 PM

On Tuesday I picked up an FDOU 0843X Arcade from my local Circuit City, and it's serial number also ends in 84305 with a mfr date of 10-22-2008. But my console is definitely labeled 14.2 A and the power brick is 175W. I just hope mine is actually an early Jasper with the old label and power brick, just like the early Falcons had the old power brick...

#6 RogCor

RogCor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

Moddage-

congrats! how quiet is the console, compared to the falcon that you returned? any noticeable difference?

#7 syntaxx_error

syntaxx_error

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(Moddage @ Nov 27 2008, 01:05 PM) View Post

As the title says.. I too have a Jasper.. Scoldingice may have beat me.. but i feel like sharing!

http://i65.photobuck...1127080409a.jpg
http://i65.photobuck...1127080411a.jpg
http://i65.photobuck.../1127080409.jpg
http://i65.photobuck.../1127080411.jpg
As you can see.. 2008-10-23

last digits of the serial indicate 8 = 2008 43 = 43rd week in the year and 05 = 5th day of the week..
Lot num is also indicator 0843X

and Team FDOU
So.. look for THIS OR NEWER!!!! and you should most definitely have a jasper!
also.. the console i returned to get my hands on this one.. was dated 2008-10-08 with lot of 0841 and said 175W on it.. 14.2A ... so .. possible early jasper with old tags ? or still a falcon.. i dunno..

I do know that the fans made a whining noise like they were going bad.. which landed me a jasper smile.gif
Thanks for your time..
and if i'm feeling gutsy enough.. i MAY peek at the inside..

but probably not.. someone else will probably beat me to it after black friday and i will be able to keep my warranty smile.gif
~Moddage
Great news ! To be sure that it's definitely a jasper, could you do a "kill-a-watt" to capture power usage during gameplay in order to compare those results with a falcon ?

Edited by syntaxx_error, 27 November 2008 - 04:15 PM.

#8 wawnord

wawnord

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

The last 2 numbers of the Serial is NOT the Day of the Week.
It's the Factory.

ALL Pal consoles have 05 at the End!

US NTSC i think too

Edited by wawnord, 27 November 2008 - 06:47 PM.

#9 Moddage

Moddage

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff, mostly computers/electronics, Video games, XBOX :D, stuff like that.

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:23 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys!

@wawnord

good to know about the 05 thing.. it's merely a coincidence then that this was made on the 5th day of the week if you count sunday as 1 haha..

i was a bit hyped up when i posted last night.. didn't bother to look that up first.. never really bothered with it before.. always just looked at lot number as 4 digits.

@syntaxx_error

If i had a Kill-A-Watt i would definitely do that..

trust me i want to be 100% sure that i got one.. but the power brick and amperage rating are a big indicator.

Also, the temperature (to the touch anyway) coming from the exhaust vents is barely even luke warm.. even after letting it idle for a while.. where as the Xenon, Zephyr, and Falcons got quite warm to the touch..

i will tell you that there feels to be an increased airflow from the GPU side vs other consoles, and the GPU side air is SLIGHTLY warmer than the CPU side..

@Mizzl

the power inlet on the console and power brick plug look the same as all the previous ones.. 6 pin deal... more similar to the falcon than xenon/zephyr. has the metal shielding part on the plug removed and no buttons to release it.. just pops into place.. i'll take some pics for you though.

the plug from the wall to the brick are the same style as the falcon.. 2 prong unit without ground..

@RogCor

it definitely is WAY quieter than my xenon could have ever hoped to be that's for sure..

i will say yes on the quieter than the falcon part.. however.. i'm not sure how noticeable it is.. my falcon appeared to have something wrong with the fans.. now i have heard my cousins elite, and several other falcons.. and this does seem to be slightly quieter..

I will keep you posted on that.. i have yet to test it with a game.. i noticed on my falcon that as soon as you exited a game and went to dashboard.. you could hear the fans slowly spool down like they were up fairly high to keep it cool..which also tripped me out. because none of the falcons i've messed with except that one seemed to do that. we'll see how this one is.

@simonduz

this console was purchased from Wal-Mart and is an arcade system..

i will say this.. i skipped over the chance of a good bundle deal on black friday, just to get my hands on this baby.. let's hope it was worth it. as a side note.. the walmart i went to first to return my console.. had 2 of these 2 days before.. both were sold. one of which i'm pretty sure Scoldingice bought. the second walmart had one left. and i bought it.

@bucko

i'm so tempted beyond logical reason to open this up and pull the heatsinks off and snap pictures you have no idea...

i just can't bring myself to do it..

if there was no issue of voiding the warranty.. or if i could live with the $200 loss if this does die.. i would gladly open it up..

As a modder.. having to restrain myself from opening a console is killing me.. but after doing the X-clamp fixes and all to my xenon in hopes of preventing the RRoD and still having it die.. i wont risk it for now..

plus. i'm still in the 30 day return period or whatever it is that wal-mart offers.. so that's the main issue..

after that period.. it's going to be even harder to not open it lol.

@Wuss360

There's a pretty good chance that you have one being one day apart.. but you never know.. Here's hoping that you do!

here's an idea.. i don't know if you're much of a black friday shopper.. but what you could do if you have some cash to temporarily tie up.. manage to find one with the same date as mine or newer, possibly in a sweet bundle deal.. and buy that..

then return yours and voila! smile.gif

... actually.. that sounds like a good idea.. i may do that very thing since i'm going to be out and about on BF..

Thanks again for all the replies !!

let's hope my itchy fingers can make it through the weekend without opening this up haha..

Happy Thanksgiving !

~Moddage

#10 nachomans

nachomans

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:26 PM

So...this power brick, canīt plug into a falcon. I wonder how they change the plug to avoid that, any picture?

Edited by nachomans, 27 November 2008 - 08:26 PM.

#11 netgic

netgic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

@Moddage

Your Xbox 360 is a little Superstar. wink.gif

One of the greatest Computer sites in Germany: http://www.computerb...asper_wildbahn/

Happy Thanksgiving!

#12 Moddage

Moddage

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

@nachomans

No no, not at all.. the power brick plug IS the same style as the falcon.. sorry if the way i worded things made it seem otherwise.

my old Xenon power brick plugs in and works fine.. the difference in power bricks came between zephyr and falcon.. they removed the metal shield on the plug and got rid of the "release" tabs and just made them all plug in and fit firmly into place with little plastic bumps to "lock" them..

less mechanics to break .

@netgic

THAT'S AWESOME!!

although now i kinda wish i would have branded my pics with a watermark sleep.gif

oh well .. what can ya do..

at least it made it somewhere.. smile.gif

pics of the power connector coming shortly here..

#13 scoldingice

scoldingice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:58 PM

damn you moddage for stealing my thunder lmao. gratz on the german site!!!

#14 bodybag

bodybag

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:PC's, xbox 360 oh and the GYM
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

Congrats on the Jasper!

Well.......im just gonna wait until they become more available before I get one.......hopefully before xmas!

sold my falcon a week ago for one of these babies!

#15 nachomans

nachomans

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

But, the falcon needs 175w, if you use a 150w power brick in a falcon, the power brick is going to explode or overheat like hell.

So, should be any kind of different connector to prevent this

Edited by nachomans, 27 November 2008 - 09:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users