1 reply to this topic

#1 parthgaur

parthgaur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

Hey guys
I am not new to the scene but i am new to firmware modding i am confused about a couple of things which even after reading a lot of threads i am still not clear. First: Is it possible to modify a new unmodded 360 using a blaster or a connectivity kit without going through the whole manual process(opening the box) ?
Second: Are these kits really good shud i go for them or rely on the normal method ? what is better a connectivity kit or a blaster?
Third: Where are all the tuts from the (Releases, Tuturial And Guides, Xbox 360 DVD Firmware Hacks) section i cant find them?
Fourth: Will i be needing ne thing else to mod a 360 if i have either of these things and are they working on all drives ?

I know this is a lot of info to ask at once but plz try to reply .I am sure it'll help a lot of other readers too. Thanks

#2 f1geezer

f1geezer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(parthgaur @ Nov 27 2008, 10:01 PM) View Post

First: Is it possible to modify a new unmodded 360 using a blaster or a connectivity kit without going through the whole manual process(opening the box) ?

No. You have to open the 360 in order to connect to the back of the dvd drive.

Second: Are these kits really good shud i go for them or rely on the normal method ? what is better a connectivity kit or a blaster?

Never used one so can't comment really. You can just power the DVD drive from the 360 to flash it, although some people believe this can raise a flag with MS later.

Third: Where are all the tuts from the (Releases, Tuturial And Guides, Xbox 360 DVD Firmware Hacks) section i cant find them?

http://www.xboxscene....php?p=4|5|9|#9

These are a bit dated now though.

Fourth: Will i be needing ne thing else to mod a 360 if i have either of these things and are they working on all drives ?

Not quite sure what you mean. You will need PC with compatible SATA chipset (Via or nforce 4/5). Depending on your make of drive you may need either a bootable USB stick or floppy or the SLAX livecd. You will also need the flashing software, which again differs depending on the drive to be flashed. You do not need a connectivity kit to be able to flash the drive, it just makes it a bit simpler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users