• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shmingers

Shmingers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:43 PM

Hi everyone, I've roamed this site for nearly a year as a guest and was always able to solve my problems with my own box by reading others' posts, now I've backed myself into a corner with a new (used) box.

I picked up a second XBox lately with the intent of making a media centre for my parents, and at first it seemed like a good starting point but it's looking more and more like a complete train wreck by the hour.

It's a V1.0 box, that at some point had an Xecuter 2 chip in it (main XBox splash says "Xecuter2" under the logo), and had EvoX installed. Upon opening the box, I found there's no chip in it at all. I even checked under the motherboard just in case. It also has Evox installed as the primary dashboard. I tried to put the latest XBMC version on it, but I can't connect through FTP. Well, it connects, but it can't get the directory structure and my client gives up.

It has a dodgy Thomson drive that won't always read discs (in case you ask, but I can deal with that).

My real question is, how can I get this to run cleanly? Ideally I'd like to get rid of the Xecuter reference in the splash, and have XBMC running as the dashboard instead of EvoX. The system came with an original copy of Splinter Cell, but there's no "Run Linux" save on the hdd. I'd appreciate any advice you could offer.

As a side note, I have a fully functional softmodded 1.5 crystal edition if linking them would help.

Thanks!

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:26 PM

The box has been TSOP flashed. The Xecuter2 logo is the BIOS, not the remnants of a chip!

Try a different FTP client. Try turning off the firewall on your PC - it might be interfering with the EvolutionX ftp operation. Try booting with Frosty's rescue disc. Try booting with AID.

#3 Shmingers

Shmingers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:40 AM

Thanks Heimdall, I used Slayers' newest EvoX disc, and I pulled the dvd drive from my own XBox, and used it to repair the system. I realized it was the Xecuter bios, but I figure I'll leave that alone. I changed the dashboard to UnleashX, and now I can FTP to it again. Problem is, I'm not familiar with the Slayer setup, as I used the Krayzie installer on my other one. Would you happen to know how I set XBMC as the dashboard instead (without using the Slayer disc again)? I'd rather install my latest version of XBMC.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users