njmbb8

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:13 AM

can you elaborate a bit more on the topic of making a bootable thumb drive? im very confused

#32 zuma351

zuma351

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:18 AM

Im I doing something wrong? I formated the 120gb and affer the format a made an offline profile, xplorer only shows partition 1, instead of 0,2 and 3. What can I do?

#33 zuma351

zuma351

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:51 AM

Also, how long does it take to format? It only took my xbox about 2 to 3 minutes

#34 njmbb8

njmbb8

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

i have successfully used hddhackr on my 120 gig now my drive wot be detected in explorer

#35 zuma351

zuma351

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE(zuma351 @ Jan 21 2009, 09:54 PM) View Post

Im I doing something wrong? I formated the 120gb and affer the format a made an offline profile, xplorer only shows partition 1, instead of 0,2 and 3. What can I do?

I had to make full image of the 20GB and restore it to my 120GB, and that fixed the problem of only seeing partition 1. Thanks for the guide it helped me out a few times. I now have a 120GB hard drive that works in my 360.

#36 njmbb8

njmbb8

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

i have apparently done something terrible as my 360 wont recognize my harddrive anymore but when i try to rehddhackr it it says my drive should work with the 360 and i forgot to keep my undo.bin what can i do?

Edited by njmbb8, 23 January 2009 - 01:54 PM.

#37 Samenai

Samenai

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:33 AM

Hey, i was hoping for a little help as i try to rectify my failures.

I used hddhackr, and that worked, popped 120gb into my xbox and that worked, (didnt make a profile like is said in this topic), put 20gb into my computer and into xplorer 360 xtreme batch 2, backed up the entire drive into an image and that worked, then put 120 in and restored entire image onto the drive, and that worked.

well when i plugged the 120 into the xbox, it didnt work. couldnt even recognize it. so im like ok then... and put it back into xplorer to notice any problems. didnt see anything so i went to the forums. Saw that a possible way to start over is to undo the flash to the hard drive, so i load up hddhackr -u and it cant find the hard drive although it was able to before. so i go back into xp and the xplorer 360 program to try to find a format or undo option or something, nothing i could find. so i start deleting the files from the hard drive at an attempt to destroy whatever file is making the xbox not recognize it. done with that, put it into the xbox, not working. put it back into hddhackr one last time, didnt recognize.

So to sum up my problem at the moment: Hddhackr can't recognize my drive, xbox 360 can't recognize my drive, but xplorer can. and windows xp can, i can make the hard drive into a working hard drive on my computer if i wanted to. What i want to do is pretty much just start from scratch, either right when i got the drive or right when hddhackr worked and xbox formatted it.

One thing that came to mind as i was typing this was that my bios reset in the process so im gonna go check on that in the mean time in case an option in there is preventing hddhackr from detecting the drive, but any help is greatly appreciated. I dont think my hard drive is unusable yet and i really hope i can get this working.

Edit: Well, I bought two of these hard drives, so i think im gonna format one and put it in my ps3, and use the untouched one and try once again at this hack.

Edited by Samenai, 25 January 2009 - 01:51 AM.

#38 loggan26

loggan26

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE(njmbb8 @ Jan 22 2009, 12:49 AM) View Post

can you elaborate a bit more on the topic of making a bootable thumb drive? im very confused

I used this guide to make my thumb drive bootable. http://csd.dficlub.o...read.php?t=1136

Logan

#39 njmbb8

njmbb8

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

what i did was use windows enabler to format the thumb drive as a dos boot disk through windows

#40 arty

arty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:58 AM

Basically after migrating from 20g to 120g with official MS cable my xbox1 originals became non-working.

The error message was:
"The game could not start. Please download the game again."

MS support could not help me.

All Xplorer360 versions had serious problems with my 120g Elite hdd but I could see that partition2 was missing.

To be short: if you have such problem and want an easy solution:
- get Xplorer360 xtreme2 somewhere
- connect your HDD to the PC
- in Xplorer360 select "restore partition 2" and browse the file I linked .... voila!

partition2 image which contains the 2007-11 xbox1 compatibility update:
CLICK HERE

#41 Wuthoqquan

Wuthoqquan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

Hello to everyone!
I've also switched to a WD120BEVS with no issues... just needed to hex edit the drive to get the partitions in place correctly. But that solved the problem easily and the drive is now working perfectly with my Xbox 360.

I'm left with one problem only... when I try to play Fable 2 with my old gamesave, an error message advises that the save data might be corrupted (or something similar).
I read another post in this thread mentioning about possible issues with Fable 2 savegames! (quoted below)

That user (xxzone) also hacked and mounted a WD 120GB drive but then he didn't add any further comments about his Fable 2 saves... is anybody aware of a solution available to preserve the Fable 2 save data? Hopefully xxzone is still reading this post and might provide more infos as well... thanks!

QUOTE(xxzone @ Jan 8 2009, 06:54 PM) View Post

I also have some Fable 2 saves I hear can have issues after. I'm really hoping I can find someone with a data transfer kit, so I can bypass all the trouble.

#42 xxzone

xxzone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(Wuthoqquan @ Jan 27 2009, 12:13 PM) View Post

Hello to everyone!
I've also switched to a WD120BEVS with no issues... just needed to hex edit the drive to get the partitions in place correctly. But that solved the problem easily and the drive is now working perfectly with my Xbox 360.

I'm left with one problem only... when I try to play Fable 2 with my old gamesave, an error message advises that the save data might be corrupted (or something similar).
I read another post in this thread mentioning about possible issues with Fable 2 savegames! (quoted below)

That user (xxzone) also hacked and mounted a WD 120GB drive but then he didn't add any further comments about his Fable 2 saves... is anybody aware of a solution available to preserve the Fable 2 save data? Hopefully xxzone is still reading this post and might provide more infos as well... thanks!

LOL what a coincidence...I don't usually come on here unless I'm going to mod something, but I decided to check up on this post. Lots of people gave to these threads so I could do the upgrade, so I wanted to give back if possible.

The trick to the fable 2 & Rock Band saves is to use a memory card. Right now it's the only way. You have to load up your old 20 gig drive. Put the memory card into your xbox. Browse to your Fable 2 saves and select MOVE. It has to be MOVE or it will not work. This will remove the Fable 2 save from your 20 gig HD and place it on your memory card. You then plug in you 120 gig HD to the xbox once it's all working. Plug in the memory card (it's probably still in there anyway), and then MOVE the save files over to the new hard drive. Once you do this it should work without a problem.

That's the process I followed from the OP in this thread.

#43 arty

arty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE(arty @ Jan 27 2009, 09:34 AM) View Post

Basically after migrating from 20g to 120g with official MS cable my xbox1 originals became non-working.

The error message was:
"The game could not start. Please download the game again."

MS support could not help me.

All Xplorer360 versions had serious problems with my 120g Elite hdd but I could see that partition2 was missing.

To be short: if you have such problem and want an easy solution:
- get Xplorer360 xtreme2 somewhere
- connect your HDD to the PC
- in Xplorer360 select "restore partition 2" and browse the file I linked .... voila!

partition2 image which contains the 2007-11 xbox1 compatibility update:
CLICK HERE

that file is damaged sad.gif

two new mirrors:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8R9UGAP
or
http://www.filedropp...gpartition201_1

MD5 checksum: d8c4d2d6faf73a70ef2f9f318d6ee7dd

#44 arty

arty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(arty @ Jan 28 2009, 09:43 AM) View Post

that file is damaged sad.gif

two new mirrors:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8R9UGAP
or
http://www.filedropp...gpartition201_1

MD5 checksum: d8c4d2d6faf73a70ef2f9f318d6ee7dd

as I heard official 60gb hdds get killed by xplorer360 (xtreme2) ... be careful!

#45 Wuthoqquan

Wuthoqquan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(xxzone @ Jan 27 2009, 09:02 PM) View Post

The trick to the fable 2 & Rock Band saves is to use a memory card. Right now it's the only way. You have to load up your old 20 gig drive. Put the memory card into your xbox. Browse to your Fable 2 saves and select MOVE.

Yesterday, I borrowed a Memory Unit from a friend of mine and did exactly as you suggested.
Now Fable 2 can load the gamesave from my 120GB HD without any issues.
Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users