• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 anulxc

anulxc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:45 AM

The game won't load, after the loading screen, the screen just goes black and I have to reset my xbox.

I tried the image file in a emulator on the computer and it works. The image file is a .bin and a .cue one.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

#2 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

use pcsxbox19 instead as it lets you launch games from different cores like 14,15 and 16.diiferent cores support certain games better.

#3 anulxc

anulxc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

I'll try, thanks

#4 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

V18 has the three bioses. V19 was just a fix in some code that wouldn't effect you with your problem.

Here's my results for the game:

Works perfect in BIOS mode with frameskip off. Character's voices seem to skip a little, but are still completely understandable. (v18) -ressurectionx

I used the default BIOS, so that isn't your problem.

I have a (IMG/CUE/CCD/SUB) image though. Try getting another image file. That can make a big difference. Even if it works on the PC, you're using a completely different emulator likely. Even if it's the same emulator, it's probably a different version, which can also make a huge difference. The only thing proving it works on one system does for you is let you know that it's a good image and if the other system operated exactly in the same way that it would work there too.

Good Luck. Let me know if an alternate image file works for you.

~Rx

#5 anulxc

anulxc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:58 PM

I can't get another image of the game.

Is there a way of changing the image format from .bin to .iso/.img or something? blink.gif

#6 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Dec 5 2008, 03:06 PM) View Post

V18 has 3 bioses.

v18 has 3 different cores and it isnt nothing to do with 3 different bioses.all 3 cores run using the same pcsx bios(with the option to swich between 2 bios files).different cores for better compatibility.

Edited by xyteam, 06 December 2008 - 02:30 PM.

#7 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(xyteam @ Dec 6 2008, 08:01 AM) View Post

v18 has 3 different cores and it isnt nothing to do with 3 different bioses.all 3 cores run using the same pcsx bios(with the option to swich between 2 bios files).different cores for better compatibility.

I wasn't aware of that. So I can now choose 9 different settings for each game between the two options instead of 6 now then?

Still probably wouldn't make a difference with this guy though. I tested that using v18 with standard settings for BIOS/HLE and Core. Although the new settings might allow him to use his image too.

As for converting, I know I used a program to convert MDS/MDF files before, but I can't remember what it was. May have been ISO Buster. That might not be your problem though. When I used it for the MDS/MDF files I was using it because MDS/MDF never worked once for me (supposedly the emu can use them, but I never saw it work once). After changing them I probably had a 50% rate of them working.

I don't know enough about images and how PSX plays with them to give any in-depth advice here. I'm just going to say that if somebody gives you the actual name of the program best used for PSX conversions that you don't have much more than a 50% chance of it working after conversion. All I can tell you is that there is a good version of this disk out there somewhere.

Good luck,

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx, 06 December 2008 - 02:47 PM.

#8 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:02 PM

as you well know there is 2 bios files and 3 cores.the options arent any different so dont be sarcastic.

Edited by xyteam, 06 December 2008 - 03:09 PM.

#9 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

lol... sorry man. I wasn't being sarcastic. I didn't realize that you were correcting me for saying it had 3 bios's instead of cores. I really thought there was a new BIOS option from what you were saying.

Whew.... I'm releaved. I was thinking I was going to have to go back and test a whole bunch of images I said didn't work.

~Rx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users