1 reply to this topic

#1 Bo0m3r

Bo0m3r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

I'm having troubles using xboxhdm.
I got 2 xboxes. The first one went without any problems, formatted new hdd, copied c and e partition, rebooted and locked the HD with the eeprom info.

Now the second xbox, I succesfully formatted the new HDD and copied C and E partition on it. I rebooted and then nothing worked anymore. I couldn't start up XBOXHDM anymore.
I always get the error that it can't find the linux-cd on any /dev/HDx.
I burned the disc on 2 DVDs and 1 CD. I've tried it on 3 different PCs.
I can see the main screen but after pressing 1 or 3 and trying to do a command like xboxhdm or lockhd -a it can't find the cd-rom anymore. It's really really weird!

I'm using Xboxhdm 1.9

I only need to lock the hd with the info from the eeprom, C and E partitions are already copied, maybe there is another app for it?

#2 TylerCiggy

TylerCiggy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(Bo0m3r @ Dec 4 2008, 02:35 PM) View Post

I'm having troubles using xboxhdm.
I got 2 xboxes. The first one went without any problems, formatted new hdd, copied c and e partition, rebooted and locked the HD with the eeprom info.

Now the second xbox, I succesfully formatted the new HDD and copied C and E partition on it. I rebooted and then nothing worked anymore. I couldn't start up XBOXHDM anymore.
I always get the error that it can't find the linux-cd on any /dev/HDx.
I burned the disc on 2 DVDs and 1 CD. I've tried it on 3 different PCs.
I can see the main screen but after pressing 1 or 3 and trying to do a command like xboxhdm or lockhd -a it can't find the cd-rom anymore. It's really really weird!

I'm using Xboxhdm 1.9

I only need to lock the hd with the info from the eeprom, C and E partitions are already copied, maybe there is another app for it?

There is the predecesor of XboxHDM that is called Xlinux or something like that.

It seems that your DVDRW burner is not working well anymore (or perhaps it has some trouble with your media discs), cause you tried in 3 differents PCs, but with the same discs burned on the same burner, isnt that so ?

Check that and rewrite the second hard disk to make it work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users