GhzTek

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:07 AM

When these poeple who are selling these xbox on ebay with bad dvd drives where the system boots up but doesnt read discs. Is is still possible to dump the key because the system is not error.

Also is the RROD fixable or sometimes it will keep RROD

I was thinking about buying some of these cheap systems and fixing them with the toturials and reselling them can anyone with experience tell me what systems to stay away from and which ones to buy. thanks

#2 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:46 AM

Well every console and seller is going to be different so you really need to ask before buying. A console that boots fine but doesn't read discs could be a number of different things. It could be that the seller tried to flash the drive but failed and bricked it (if seller didn't make a backup the chances of recovering the key could be slim). Or it could just be that the drive only needs a new laser and after that it'll be good as new.

I wouldn't touch any 3 red light of death consoles if your intent is to repair them. The x-clamp fix is nothing more than a temporary repair and the error WILL return at some point. It might be days, weeks or months but it will return.

My advice if you want to make money from faulty consoles is to buy them cheap (in bulk if possible) and part them out. They really aren't worth the time and effort to repair anymore. A faulty 360 will typically cost you around 30 including postage on eBay (you have to be really quick to get them at the best prices). A flashable replacement drive like a Samsung or BenQ will typically sell for around 30-40+p&p. So as soon the drive from your faulty 360 is sold you've broken even and anything else you make is just profit. You can then sell the RF board, mobo, heat sinks, shell, screws etc and anything else you got bundled with the console like the power brick and av cables.

It can be quite a competitive market though so you need to keep an eye on your competitors prices. Also the Lite-On drive has now been confirmed hacked so I'd imagine the price for flashable replacement drives will drop over the coming weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users