• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paul543

paul543

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:34 AM

I have successfully flashed my 79FL drive, however, I have ran into problems flashing my second 79FL drive.

I've put the drive into mode_b, but as soon as I boot into windows, windows becomes really sluggish. Sometimes it won't even recognize that there is an audio disc in the drive. Or windows just freezes for a second or so. Even when I get it to see the disc, and try playing the 79FL audio disc in WMP it doesn't really want to play it. It takes several "play clicks".

I finally had it play the track and unlocked the drive with the 79 unlock tool. It was successful, but as soon as I open Toolbox 4.8 and click on Tools -> Raw Dump, Toolbox 4.8 is not responding. I tried at least 10 times.

I've used the same computer with the same VIA 6421 Sata card and drivers to flash my Hitachi 79 drive and it worked the first time. So, windows wasn't sluggish at all and I had no problems playing the track or anything.

Why does it all freeze up on the 79 drive?

Thank You

#2 kedadog

kedadog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:16 AM

It sounds to me like you're not playing a DVD movie or Original 360 game before you try to run Toolbox. Here is my ultimate Hitachi 78Fk 79FL 79FK flashing guide.

Boot to Windows - Hook up the 360 to your SATA - Power on the 360. Ground it if you want - I never have. Load JUNGLEFLASHER! Go to the Hitachi Tab - select your SATA port - hit send mode b. Now you need to right click on my computer, go to properties, go to hardware, device manager, right click on the name of your computer at the top of the list and scan for hardware changes.

Now you should have the Hitachi listed in your CD/DVD drives and it should show up in my computer - put in your 79 unlock cd - click 79 unlock in JUNGLEFLASHER - it will play - execute the code - and eject the cd - put in a DVD movie or Original 360 game now, and press eject 3 times so the drive stays closed.

The movie should autoplay - close it out - open toolbox 4.8 - Tools - Direct Drive Dump GDR - raw dump the firmware say yes to the verify and checksum crap and to open it. Go to Tools - smart hack patch - choose a name for it - choose 12x so you don't get banned - Now go to Tools - Direct Drive Flash - Differential Flash Patch - detect differences - start flashing. ALL SECTORS FLASHED means your ready to go.

IF YOU TURN THE 360 off now your PC WILL FREEZE UP! Don't turn it off yet - go back to device manager - go to the cd/dvd drive tab - UNINSTALL the hitachi drive - then turn off the 360 and your computer won't freeze up.

THANKS!

#3 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE(kedadog @ Feb 15 2009, 06:52 PM) View Post

It sounds to me like you're not playing a DVD movie or Original 360 game before you try to run Toolbox. Here is my ultimate Hitachi 78Fk 79FL 79FK flashing guide.

Boot to Windows - Hook up the 360 to your SATA - Power on the 360. Ground it if you want - I never have. Load JUNGLEFLASHER! Go to the Hitachi Tab - select your SATA port - hit send mode b. Now you need to right click on my computer, go to properties, go to hardware, device manager, right click on the name of your computer at the top of the list and scan for hardware changes.

Now you should have the Hitachi listed in your CD/DVD drives and it should show up in my computer - put in your 79 unlock cd - click 79 unlock in JUNGLEFLASHER - it will play - execute the code - and eject the cd - put in a DVD movie or Original 360 game now, and press eject 3 times so the drive stays closed.

The movie should autoplay - close it out - open toolbox 4.8 - Tools - Direct Drive Dump GDR - raw dump the firmware say yes to the verify and checksum crap and to open it. Go to Tools - smart hack patch - choose a name for it - choose 12x so you don't get banned - Now go to Tools - Direct Drive Flash - Differential Flash Patch - detect differences - start flashing. ALL SECTORS FLASHED means your ready to go.

IF YOU TURN THE 360 off now your PC WILL FREEZE UP! Don't turn it off yet - go back to device manager - go to the cd/dvd drive tab - UNINSTALL the hitachi drive - then turn off the 360 and your computer won't freeze up.

THANKS!

thanks for this.. just added that to my notes. it may come in handy..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users