2 replies to this topic

#1 cirneco

cirneco

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:44 PM

Hi all.
I have to solder for a friend a chip on his xbox version 1.6b.
I'm totally a newbie about the xbox scene.
He gives me what it seems an Aladdin Advance chip. The method described here xbo*.bula.nu/aladdin/xt/alwaysenabled.html is safe?
Does "Always enabled" mean that he cannot switch to the xbox default bios? Is it a good idea?
If the chip hasn't the latest bios how can i flash it? It's possible to load the iso games directly from the hd?
Sorry for the dumb question but i am really a newbie..
Thanks in advance

gabriele

#2 MistaGlock

MistaGlock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

Hi all.
He gives me what it seems an Aladdin Advance chip. The method described here xbo*.bula.nu/aladdin/xt/alwaysenabled.html is safe? yeah its safe it just means it will always boot off the Modchip
Does "Always enabled" mean that he cannot switch to the xbox default bios? yes it does
Is it a good idea?it depends on the preferences of the xbox owner, its not a good idea if he plays on xbox live. its a good idea if your adding a upgraded hdd and choose to unlock it. my personal preference its a good idea. i dont go on live and the stock bios is useless anyway
If the chip hasn't the latest bios how can i flash it? most chips come with cromwell bioses. u can flash em from there, hacked bios'es contain copyrighted M$ code and are illegal
It's possible to load the iso games directly from the hd? yes they dont have to be in iso format tho
Thanks in advance

Hi all.
He gives me what it seems an Aladdin Advance chip. The method described here xbo*.bula.nu/aladdin/xt/alwaysenabled.html is safe? yeah its safe it just means it will always boot off the Modchip
Does "Always enabled" mean that he cannot switch to the xbox default bios? yes it does
Is it a good idea?it depends on the preferences of the xbox owner, its not a good idea if he plays on xbox live. its a good idea if your adding a upgraded hdd and choose to unlock it. my personal preference its a good idea. i dont go on live and the stock bios is useless anyway
If the chip hasn't the latest bios how can i flash it? most chips come with cromwell bioses. u can flash em from there, hacked bios'es contain copyrighted M$ code and are illegal
It's possible to load the iso games directly from the hd? yes they dont have to be in iso format tho
Thanks in advance

Hi all.
Thanks in advance

#3 cirneco

cirneco

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(MistaGlock @ Dec 13 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Hi all.
Thanks in advance
Hi all.

thanks for reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users