Photo

Broken Xbox - Any Way To Work With Customer Support?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeffrey92

jeffrey92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:55 AM

Ok so basically I had a friend named Nick a while back and he sold me this xbox. I didn't know him that well, but the xbox worked and that was all I cared about. Well, Nick moved away and I never got any of his contact info or anything. Now the 360 has the 3 rings error. Apparently this is covered by a 3 year warranty. So I called xbox support and they said he had already sent it in for repair before. OK.... And then I asked if I could now get it repaired (again) and they said I need to tell them his last name, phone number, and address. I don't know any of these details and I have no way of finding them cause he moved away.

and yea I explained to them MANY times that I am not able to contact the person in ANY way. I kinda got frustrated at that point. I asked if we could just skip the part about me telling them the details and go to the part where they fix my xbox. He said all call were recorded blah blah. Then I asked if I can guess the last name and he said yeah. Wow is all I have to say to that...

anyone have ideas or know how to work with these ridiculous people?

ps. i do know how to fix a rrod, but the warranty seal is still good and I want to make use of that first. I do have another xbox that inst registered or anything yet. could I use that s/n for the repair? id rather not in case that one breaks down too but just a thought

Edited by jeffrey92, 10 December 2008 - 07:57 AM.

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:15 AM

First paragraph reads like a fairy tale. You had a friend but you didn't even know his last name?
Anyway. You can't use a serial number from your other 360. Ring MS back and see if someone else will transfer it. If not then nothing you can do.

#3 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:51 PM

ive run into this problem a few times just to test the limits on some of the broken consoles i get off ebay... they must have the last name, phone number, and address of the person you got it from to transfer to info or they cant verify its just stolen and you want to fix it for free. (thats what the lady on the other end of the phone told me verbatim)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users