• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 XandrewX

XandrewX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:21 AM

I have done many many repairs without any problems.. This is the first major issue I have run into. Not sure if it matters, but the box is the HDMI box, I have fixed one of these before.. Well it powered on fine so I could pull the codes when I got it, 0021..

I pulled the xclamps off did the fix, put it all back in the metal case, went to power it on, and nothing... The Eject button will not power it on or anything... I am always careful with static, plus I have concrete floors, so its not an issue really... This has never happened before..

Ive tried wiggling the power cord, also tried a different power chip that plugs in the front, and the same issue... Any Ideas?

#2 XandrewX

XandrewX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:41 AM

and the power supply works fine on any other xbox

#3 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:37 AM

sounds like you blew something while you had the mobo out.... check for any leaky components on the board.

#4 XandrewX

XandrewX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

Any leaky components? What does that mean exactly?

#5 XandrewX

XandrewX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:10 PM

Did some searching, should have done that before I replied. By leaky you mean one of the capcitors may have come loose or leaked?

#6 Mholt215

Mholt215

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(XandrewX @ Dec 11 2008, 02:46 PM) View Post

Did some searching, should have done that before I replied. By leaky you mean one of the capcitors may have come loose or leaked?

Not neccessairly loose, unless its like falling off loose... but more of like a blown capacitor it looks like this

Normal -
...__..
..|..|..
..|..|..
..|_|..

Blown-

....__...
..(....)...
..|...|...
..|...|...
..|__|...

#7 XandrewX

XandrewX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:47 PM

Ok. ill check it out on lunch.. Another possibility, not sure if it even makes sense..

The Power supply I am trying to power it on with is mine from my 360, which is like 4 years old.. The system Im working on is an HDMI box so much newer... Could it have popped the fuse maybe?

Not that that makes sense because my box is still working off the PSU, and I booted the HDMI when I first picked it up to pull the codes..

#8 Mholt215

Mholt215

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(XandrewX @ Dec 11 2008, 03:23 PM) View Post

Ok. ill check it out on lunch.. Another possibility, not sure if it even makes sense..

The Power supply I am trying to power it on with is mine from my 360, which is like 4 years old.. The system Im working on is an HDMI box so much newer... Could it have popped the fuse maybe?

Not that that makes sense because my box is still working off the PSU, and I booted the HDMI when I first picked it up to pull the codes..

No because you most likely have a 203W power supply, and when you plug that into any other consoles that dont require the full 203W they will only take what they need out of that. For a falcon, it only needs 175W.

#9 windings4

windings4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:43 AM

I'm having a similar problem with an hdmi motherboard, try and connect a wired controller to it and
try to power it on that way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users