8 replies to this topic

#1 yodasatomicweed

yodasatomicweed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:56 AM

Because of some problems my Xbox was having, I had to swap out the motherboard for one that functioned properly. After I did this, all of my Ninja Gaiden Black files say that they are "damaged", and the game considers me to have no progress whatsoever (no extra difficulties, mission mode isn't available, etc). Since my other games seem to still be working fine, I'm pretty sure that it's something specific to Ninja Gaiden. I've looked around, and saw something about a game resigner, but none of the links to it still work, and I can't seem to find it on my own. I still have the save files on my xbox, and I was hoping that someone knew how I could get them to work again.

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:20 AM

i did a little home work and it seems that you can use a game trainer that will make that save work

#3 yodasatomicweed

yodasatomicweed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

Is there any particular trainer I need for that?

#4 yodasatomicweed

yodasatomicweed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

Ok, so I found a trainer that let me use unsigned saves, as well as a resigning program so that it will accept any saves. The good news is that my old save files are back. The bad news is that my Mission Mode data is all gone. I finished up an Eternal Legend file (or whatever the last mission is called), but it didn't unlock any of the other missions or my scores for any of them. I had Master Ninja on every mission, so any help on getting that data back would be incredible.

#5 robsonnbi

robsonnbi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE(yodasatomicweed @ Dec 12 2008, 07:49 PM) View Post

Ok, so I found a trainer that let me use unsigned saves, as well as a resigning program so that it will accept any saves. The good news is that my old save files are back. The bad news is that my Mission Mode data is all gone. I finished up an Eternal Legend file (or whatever the last mission is called), but it didn't unlock any of the other missions or my scores for any of them. I had Master Ninja on every mission, so any help on getting that data back would be incredible.

I happen to be in the same situation as you, thanks for the info, I'm off to xbins!

#6 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:06 PM

Any time you change motherboards in an xbox and are left with a few "damaged saves", there may be a fairly simple fix.

Some games sign their saves with eeprom specific data, so all you need to do is make the new board "look" like the old one. For that, you just need a dump of the old eeprom.

Convert it to match the version of your new motherboard, and then flash it to your new motherboard. This makes your old board and your new board "identical" to certain games (burnout, black, to name a few) that sign their saves with eeprom specific data.

Quite simple. I have had to do this numerous times over the years to avoid losing, specifically, my saves for Black. As a matter of fact, I have changed the motherboard in my main gaming xbox countless times and still have all of my games saves intact back to 2003.

#7 alfredo2

alfredo2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Dec 23 2010, 11:06 PM) View Post

Any time you change motherboards in an xbox and are left with a few "damaged saves", there may be a fairly simple fix.

Some games sign their saves with eeprom specific data, so all you need to do is make the new board "look" like the old one. For that, you just need a dump of the old eeprom.

Convert it to match the version of your new motherboard, and then flash it to your new motherboard. This makes your old board and your new board "identical" to certain games (burnout, black, to name a few) that sign their saves with eeprom specific data.

Quite simple. I have had to do this numerous times over the years to avoid losing, specifically, my saves for Black. As a matter of fact, I have changed the motherboard in my main gaming xbox countless times and still have all of my games saves intact back to 2003.

soon i will be changing my xbox hard disc for a new one, i have some saves that are marked as uncopyable to a memory unit, are these saves signed by the hard drive? does this mean that when i copy them to the new hard drive they won't work? im getting a friend who runs his own buisness modding xbox consoles to install the new HDD, is there any special steps he must take in getting the xbox saves to work on the new hard drive?

#8 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

So you quoted my post without reading it?

As long as you have not changed motherboards, or more specifically, changed the eeprom, the saves will be fine. The HD in which said saves are read from is irrelevant.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 01 February 2011 - 07:12 PM.

#9 alfredo2

alfredo2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:16 AM

i read your post but I wasn't sure if the motherboard and the hdd had to match up for the saves to work, anyways thanks for your reply, i have been searching the net for a long time looking for an answer to this question with no luck
cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users