8 replies to this topic

#1 schweitzer

schweitzer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:43 PM

I have had my 360 for more then 1 year and the 3 year warranty only applies to 3 red light error. What would happen if I just told MS that it has 3 red lights and sent it in? Would they fix it?

#2 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:11 PM

no they wont. its not the 3rod error. so its out of warranty.. :\ M$ wont fix it.

#3 killamayne

killamayne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:03 AM

nope. open the system, heat the hana chip. do x-clamp replacement. viola system is working

#4 paveynick

paveynick

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(Millerboy3 @ Dec 12 2008, 07:47 PM) View Post

no they wont. its not the 3rod error. so its out of warranty.. :\ M$ wont fix it.

Not neccesarily true. Over here at least many people have sent theirs in with 'intermittent red ring' and had them replaced.

#5 schweitzer

schweitzer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:46 PM

I made it overheat a couple times and now it is working perfectly! I can't even get it to give an E74 error! I want to mod this xbox, so I need to be absolutely sure it won't die in a month or so before I open it up.

#6 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(paveynick @ Dec 13 2008, 07:01 AM) View Post

Not neccesarily true. Over here at least many people have sent theirs in with 'intermittent red ring' and had them replaced.

Where is "over here" might i ask?? and intermittent red ring being fixed will only be fix in the US if 1. it does it while at the repair center. or 2. you call like 20 times complaining about it and they finally get fed up and send you another one to replace the "intermittent red ring". but in this situation neither will work because he specifiacally stated it gets 1 RED LIGHT. so like i said. no M$ wont fix it (slight change in statement here though) FOR FREE. they will fix it however but charge you the repair fee and return shipping.

Edited by Millerboy3, 13 December 2008 - 05:01 PM.

#7 schweitzer

schweitzer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:02 PM

I guess I will just keep overheating it in hope of a RROD

#8 paveynick

paveynick

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(Millerboy3 @ Dec 13 2008, 06:35 PM) View Post

Where is "over here" might i ask?? and intermittent red ring being fixed will only be fix in the US if 1. it does it while at the repair center. or 2. you call like 20 times complaining about it and they finally get fed up and send you another one to replace the "intermittent red ring". but in this situation neither will work because he specifiacally stated it gets 1 RED LIGHT. so like i said. no M$ wont fix it (slight change in statement here though) FOR FREE. they will fix it however but charge you the repair fee and return shipping.

UK. My point exactly is people have been sending them in with one red or intermittent 3 reds and getting them fixed, free. I'm guessing Microsoft are too busy to check/wait to see if 3 red come on.

#9 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:15 PM

ok... like i said. you must complain enough for them to fix intermittent RROD... anyway you just added the 1rl problem into your statement. its out of warranty they wont fix that specific problem directly no. you can get around it however by doing what he says and report it rrod's instead of 1rl but that might work or might not. its not definite since you dont actually have that problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users