• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bongfish

bongfish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:24 PM

Hi all, hope someone can help me i feel like pulling my hair out at the moment.

I've flashed my xbox 360 (Samsung TS-943 MS28) using Iprep and 1.4 ixtreme and that is working great smile.gif

I went to do my friends last night (Samsung TS-943 MS28) Iprep read the drive fine but when i tired to flash it i ran into problems. It stopped copying at bank1 or bank2 for some reason.

So i turned everything off and tried to read the drive again using Iprep with the bad flash method. But now it is unable to read the drive.

when you load the xbox as well i get the e65 error message.

Is there anything i can do?

#2 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:28 PM

Keep the firmware safe.

Back it up a few times.

Download this: http://xrl.us/o2zuo

Place dosflash.exe and .typ on your bootable device

To flash, boot to bootable device, at prompt type:

dosflash

Press enter, follow on screen prompts to find your drive (look for SST39f020 chip)

Easier if you place modded firmware on root of bootable device as you can just type sam-cfw.bin when Dosflash asks you what to write.

#3 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

e65 is commonly caused when you plug the power connector in upside down

#4 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:37 PM

E65 is no/invalid firmware IIRC

#5 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Dec 14 2008, 02:13 PM) View Post

E65 is no/invalid firmware IIRC

that is probably correct oggy, i did not bother to look at the error definition today. however, that doesn't exclude this this error being caused when the power cable is inserted upside down...

after repairing at least 15-20 "broken" consoles from ebay with samsung drives/e65, i think i know a few things about this particular error. maybe it was just luck, but each and every single one of those consoles had samsung drives with a broken power connector housing that had clearly been forced. all were repaired with a properly flashed replacement pcb.

in fact, an e65 samsung drive will lie to you and tell you it is flashing correctly, but unless you can repair the pcb itself, it will not function properly again. i am not sure what this does to the pcb, but i know it causes e65. if this is what is happening bongfish, do not waste your time... retrieve the key and buy a replacement pcb or a new drive and move on.

#6 WTFudge

WTFudge

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

You can't brick samsungs....so just use dosflash to force it to flash over the corrupted flash.

#7 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE(WTFudge @ Dec 14 2008, 03:41 PM) View Post

You can't brick samsungs....so just use dosflash to force it to flash over the corrupted flash.

who said anything about bricking a samsung

Edited by STICKY_BUD, 15 December 2008 - 12:30 AM.

#8 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:53 AM

gentleman gentleman. seems as though this help thread has tension thick enough to cut with a knife!!

well now i suggest you listen to sticky.. he wouldnt lead you wrong. so here's what you do. you attempt that bad flash method and dosflash etc. if that dont work try the pcb situation. i would put nearly be amused if it wasnt the flash problem. xD

#9 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE(Millerboy3 @ Dec 14 2008, 04:29 PM) View Post

gentleman gentleman. seems as though this help thread has tension thick enough to cut with a knife!!

well now i suggest you listen to sticky.. he wouldnt lead you wrong. so here's what you do. you attempt that bad flash method and dosflash etc. if that dont work try the pcb situation. i would put nearly be amused if it wasnt the flash problem. xD

agreed - i am not saying this guy definitely has monkey fingers and cannot figure out how to plug a connector... it probably is a flashing issue. however, it could also be that he has monkey fingers.

i also should not have used the word -commonly- in my first post. that wasnt what i meant to type.

Edited by STICKY_BUD, 15 December 2008 - 01:04 AM.

#10 lllN30lll

lllN30lll

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:20 AM

i've got exactly the same problem.

drive won't eject, and when plugged in gives an e65 error.

#11 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:22 AM

Am I the only one that read the original thread?

Id hung on Bank 1 /2

Therefore bad flash

Therefore wrong/invalid f/w

Therefore, not blown up by putting VCC to the wrong pin as something would short.

Fuck it, what would I know wink.gif

#12 bongfish

bongfish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Dec 14 2008, 08:04 PM) View Post

Keep the firmware safe.

Back it up a few times.

Download this: http://xrl.us/o2zuo

Place dosflash.exe and .typ on your bootable device

To flash, boot to bootable device, at prompt type:

dosflash

Press enter, follow on screen prompts to find your drive (look for SST39f020 chip)

Easier if you place modded firmware on root of bootable device as you can just type sam-cfw.bin when Dosflash asks you what to write.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

I've done what you suggested after i had reflashed the drive with the original "sam-cfw.bin" i was getting error messages saying if you want to play this game put it into a xbox 360. So i thought the .bin file was missing the DVD drive key so i used maxiums to insert the key into the sam-cfw.bin file and re-flashed the drive.

The drive is now playing original games fine without a problem but if i try to play a backed up game it saying please check / clean the disc.

So i used Iprep again and did a read on the drive and that was fine and it said you can now flash the drive. I rebooted the xbox and the Pc and carried out a flash and this was successful and its playing original games fine still but backed up ones its still complaining about and still receiving the same error message.

Anyone got any thoughts on this ?

#13 bongfish

bongfish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

can anyone help ?

#14 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:50 PM

since retail games are working, the key must be correct.

is it possible that you got mixed up and have 2 retail fw files named 2 different names? in other words, are you flashing a retail fw to the drive over and over again? did you say which version of iprep you are using?

another possibility is your backups are not compatible with ixtreme1.4... are they new backups? how did you make your backups? what type of burner did you use? which brand of media? due to the posting rules here on x-s, it may be smarter to do your own research before answering those questions. those issues are also discussed in a different subforum.

Edited by STICKY_BUD, 16 December 2008 - 07:55 PM.

#15 bongfish

bongfish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Dec 16 2008, 07:26 PM) View Post

since retail games are working, the key must be correct.

is it possible that you got mixed up and have 2 retail fw files named 2 different names? in other words, are you flashing a retail fw to the drive over and over again? did you say which version of iprep you are using?

another possibility is your backups are not compatible with ixtreme1.4... are they new backups? how did you make your backups? what type of burner did you use? which brand of media? due to the posting rules here on x-s, it may be smarter to do your own research before answering those questions. those issues are also discussed in a different subforum.

I'm nearly 100% sure that i didn't get mixed up with the flashing but i will format my pendrive and create a fresh set up of Iprep and try to reflash.

I'm using version 0.0.6 of iprep.

My Xbox 360 which i sucessfully flashed using iXtreme 1.4 has the same DVD drive (the MS28) and is able to play the backed up games fine which i was trying in the other console.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users