• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tappo

Tappo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:58 AM

I have always connected my PC to a router using an network cable but have recently changed this to a wireless adaptor as I have had to move the location of the PC.

Now, my 360 wont connect to Live or my PC. Is this because the router cant cope with networking between the PC and 360 or do I just need to play with the settings ?

When I test the media connection in the network settings on the 360 I get :

Network Adapter ------ USB Wireless
Wireless Network ----- Connected
IP Address ------------- Confirmed
PC selected ------------ Failed

Thanks in advance

#2 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:25 AM

you must play with the settings... i ended up making my 360 the DMZ and turning on UPnP at the same time (not normally suggested because of possible overlap) and it just started working again. also had to set my xbox and pc to static for it to work. maybe this could work for you.

#3 drunkenmonk

drunkenmonk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:To Ski or not to Ski....
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:13 AM

Setting your xbox to a static ip address is one way and the DMZ is fine for the xbox but not for the PC just to let you know. But it sounds like the router was giving an ip address conflict (both the xbox and the pc were using the same address) you could reset the xbox settings in the menus or press the reset button on the router for the router to reboot and get it working properly again. If you know what a DMZ is and want to play around with the router settings, make sure that the UPnP is enabled. That gets rid of a lot of headaches. beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users