21 replies to this topic

#1 frozenballs

frozenballs

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:25 AM

got a spare drive or a few infact and i have just ordered a CK3 pro connectivity kit ( thought i needed it to flash the 79 drives but i didnt need to use it after all ) i seem to remember reading somwhere that you could use the drive with the connectivity kit for a kreon drive to rip my original games is this true and if so could somone point me to the correct place to read up on it as i have looked but are unable to find it .

#2 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:38 AM

Yes and it is a great reader, very reliable.
Used a Kreon for a while but back to my ms25 biggrin.gif .

If you have a way to extend a molex connector out ouf your PC and a SATA cable then getting a connectivity kit with ms25/28 is a great solution.

Be sure you keep a copy of your x360 safe, then flash the samsung with Xtreme800.bin then all you have to do is connect your drive to sata, molex to CK and start XBC.

Xtreme800 is only for ripping purposes and can be found in the very early release of Xtreme fw, usual places.

If you use a connectivity kit from Xecuter besure it is off before you connect the power, if you use the low price version of DIygadget then be sure you put a switch to cut power on the yellow and red lead. This way the gnd (black) is connected first.

good luck

soso

Edited by sosotiit, 15 December 2008 - 07:33 PM.

#3 frozenballs

frozenballs

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:16 PM

thanks for that info i will look for that file in the usual place .

i am using a xecuter connectivity kit or thats the one i bought with the extra connectivity kit like i asid thought i was going to need it but im sure i will find a use for it .

i just leave the side off my pc whilst i will be using this drive as i dont back up a great deal just when i buy a new game

is there any threads or guides on how to do it this was or is it as easy as hooking the drive up flashing the said firmware and away to go ?

just wanted to use the drives i had lying around here

when you say keep safe the x360 what did you meen by this please

many thanks for info given

k what folder is that file in please just looked throught the directorys and all i could find for the sammy was

xtreme 30 31 32 33
xtreme 40 41 42
xtreme 50 51 52 53

and everything else in the same directory

is this it please

Xtreme0800 extraction firmware

Edited by frozenballs, 15 December 2008 - 12:20 PM.

#4 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:32 PM

you will need to go back before version 3, beleive the first one "Xtreme_Package-Toshiba_Samsung" has the xtrm800.bin in it.

With Xecuter just make sure it is Off before connecting it, otherwise you may burn your ms25/28

yes just flash that fw on it, after that

1)connect sata
2) connect molex to CK
3) power CK
4) open XBC, the drive is present for rip

soso

Note: I meant Keep a copy of your X360 key safe

Edited by sosotiit, 15 December 2008 - 07:33 PM.

#5 fiesty

fiesty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:55 PM

sorry to hijack...but I'm trying to accomplish the same thing - flashing the ms28 using the xtrm0800.bin for read-only purposes. I've got the drive somewhat flashed but it comes as an ms25 and can't make good rips. I tried using iprep but it won't recognize the 0800 as a valid bin and xbm will only prepare the xtreme version 2-5. I keep thinking i'm just having problems creating the boot disk. But at this point, i need to reflash my drive with the original to start from scratch. I'm using the ck3 and the via card as well. Any guidance would be appreciated.

#6 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

because you are trying to use a method with batch file, use directly mtkflash,
check this method and no need to extract the key or transfer it to the xtreme800.bin as the key is no required by your PC.

just rename the xtreme800.bin to hacked.bin and follow the recipe step 14 to 21

soso

#7 fiesty

fiesty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:49 AM

thanks for the reply...that's exactly what I was hoping to do, in fact have tried it a number of ways. Created a dos disk and copied over mtkflash with a copy of the xtrm0800.bin renamed to hacked.bin. This method wouldn't find my sata controller. I tried using an xtreme boot maker disc and an iprep disk, hijacked it with mtkflash and both times they wrote the hacked bin to the drive (both times waiting the full 10+ seconds before selecting the xtreme drive). These last two, I get into windows and the drive is recognized as an ms25 drive and I can view the files on the xbox360 disc. But when I try to run Schtrom's 360 4.0 to extract using whole disc stealth it halts at "can't extract dmi". I also tried using xbox backup creator v2.8.0.275 - this ripped only part of the disc and had numerous errors with mulleter 10.2. What am I doing wrong?

sincerely,

one frustrated lady

#8 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:24 AM

With a ms25 / 28 with xtreme800 , I also have this issue with schtrom so stick with XBC.

What agem where you trying to rip?
ripping from an original?
in good condition?

You need to try with at least two games in very good condition.

soso

#9 fiesty

fiesty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:39 AM

I started with bionicle (i own it) and it's in perfect condition. XBC - the start button is greyed out. The disc is nearly 7gb but XBC shows this log:

Xbox Backup Creator v2.8 Build:0275 By Redline99

Found ODD: TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H943A ms25 at [E]
Found ODD: HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B 0S24 at [F]
Additional Info: 0BSCA 04/07/28
Found ODD: HP DVD Writer 740e 42JH at [G]
Additional Info: 05/10/13
Found ODD: SONY DVD RW DRU-710A BS0Y at [H]
Additional Info: 2005/11/25 11:45
Found ODD: Nero v8.3.2.1
ImgBurn 2.4.2.0 is available
ImgBurn - The Ultimate Image Burner! by LIGHTNING UK!
Getting media info [E]
Media Type: DVD-ROM
Bytes Used: 4.00 TB (4,398,046,511,104 bytes)
Getting media info [E]
Media Type: DVD-ROM
Bytes Used: 4.00 TB (4,398,046,511,104 bytes)

I tried it with Assasin's Creed and it did the same thing.

#10 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:33 AM

I havent seen that 4Tb thing in a while, beleive you have a Via6421 card with the latest via sata driver . Try going back to driver 5.2 (not 5.3 or 5.4) to see if it helps

soso

#11 fiesty

fiesty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:12 AM

I can't thank you enough! I would have never imagined it was my sata driver. I figured i was good to go since I managed to flash my benq vad with the liteon key.

I do have via 6421A so I downloaded and installed the 5.2c driver. Reflashed the drive to be safe. Used xbc and it ripped! Checked with mulleter and it's perfect now! I have a fully stealthed backup of Assassin's Creed.

Yeah!

love.gif

btw...do you suppose i'll have to update the driver if I need to reflash other models?

#12 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:25 AM

no 5.2 will work just great to flash
so went from
one frustrated lady

to
love.gif

enjoy,
soso

#13 frozenballs

frozenballs

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:41 AM

i would also like to say thankyou there is alot of information in this thread and im sure it will help me , one thing i was trying to create a usb pen drive for flashing but iprep would not accpet the 0800xtreme file it kept saying it was invalid do i need to do it a different way . i remeber using mtk flash and hex edit to do my first samsung ms28 please dont tell me i have to do all of that again lol

#14 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:25 AM

no need for that anymore, if you have a via chipset or card, iprep will find the port value for you.

then just follow the post #6 (rename the xtreme800.bin as hacked and transfer in the root of the USB and flash as per instruction)

soso

#15 fiesty

fiesty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:31 AM

Hey guys,

To clarify...the tutorial (in the link below) shows you how flash your drive for both playing and ripping. In my case, I wanted a dedicated drive for ripping purposes only. I had purchased an unflashed/unkeyed drive and a CK3 Pro (used it to swap my LG162DS for a BENQ VAD6038). I didn't need to extract, prepare or insert any keys or bins. Although you should extract the key just for backup if you pulled it from a working console.

But instead of following the every step of the instructions from the tutorial (this link) - you bypass and hijack the boot disk.

HOW TO FLASH AN TS-H943 MS28 TO MAKE BACKUPS ONLY

1. Prepare your boot disk as you normally would to flash a drive with Iprep and ixtreme firmware. (use any key you have handy if Iprep asks for one - you won't be using it anyway)
2. Add mtkflash to your boot disk. (There is no spoofing, injecting of keys or hex editing needed at all)
3. Also add in the xtrm0800.bin and rename it to hacked.bin.
4. Reboot to Dos (I had my CK3 powered on before booting) and follow these steps for bad flashing the ms28:
  • type "mtkflash w /m /sata hacked.bin" (You'll get a list of ports to choose from - your tray doesn't need to be open)
  • Before selecting the port/drive, TURN OFF the power to your CK3 (console)
  • Select the correct number - in my case it said xtreme something or other/numbered 3
  • Wait 10-30 seconds
  • Turn on the power to your drive

At this point the flashing will begin. Reboot. Use Xbox Backup Creator to rip. No need to use swap discs.

***In my case, my when I ran a driver update to my VIA 6421A Sata controller I ended up with a bad driver. My controller showed up as a via 3421. I didn't even notice it until Soso, with his astute assessment, suggested I might be using the wrong driver. I downloaded the via sata driver for the 6421A v5.2c and that worked like a charm. Also, I hadn't thought to rename the xtrm0800.bin to hacked.bin.

My next step is to see if I can mount this drive directly in my pc - bypassing the CK3 altogether - so I can put the cover back on my pc again.

Thank you SOSO.

fiesty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users