• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pinky221

Pinky221

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:26 AM

So I bought an xbox the other day,I decided to hack it firmware it.I crack it opens,ect,ect.But the Sata port of the dvd drive (ms28)Is broken and I can't connect it!So I'm like fuck it,Ill use my other drive.I removed the fucked sata port from the Drive,so there is no more sata ports on the dvd drive.So I plug in the others dvd drive in my xbox (again a ms28).I flashed it,pluged back in.I put a origianal game in,the disc won't read.I put a normal dvd in,it works.After a while I realized that I needed to get the Original code from the first dvd drive,but I can't acess since no more sata port connected to it.So those are my question:

Is it possible to re-add a sata port on the dvd drive?If yes,where can it be done?

Since I'm using a dvd drive in my xbox that does not have the original keys,can it still read backed up games?(I don't have a burned game to try it).

Yea that all thank you.

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:56 AM

If the drive doesn't have the key that matches the motherboard then it's not going to read anything but CDs and DVD movies.

A new SATA connector can be added to the board that's missing one, but depending on the damage done I'd have to see it to tell ya how to go about it, have any good pics of it?

#3 Pinky221

Pinky221

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE(RDC @ Dec 16 2008, 02:32 AM) View Post

If the drive doesn't have the key that matches the motherboard then it's not going to read anything but CDs and DVD movies.

A new SATA connector can be added to the board that's missing one, but depending on the damage done I'd have to see it to tell ya how to go about it, have any good pics of it?

Ill go take one right now.

#4 Pinky221

Pinky221

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:49 AM

Sorry for double post,but seems I can't fine the stupid usb cable for my camera,Ill have to wait till tommorow.Anyway,If it fixable,where can I fix it?And how much would it cost?Ok on a other subject:

I have an other xbox 360 legit and all,never opened.Theese day that xbox being a douche bag,a turn it on yersterday no audio or video appeared,only gray dot going in line on a black screen.I'm like w-t-f.I call microsoft tell me I'm not under the one year garanty blablalbla it must have red ring.So I said,fine Ill get it red ring. (Between I changed the cables,it is not the cable).My attempts to get me red rings was an epic fails.I tried overheatings.I did so.I turn my xbox 360 on and it worked!Wtf!!!It worked for 2 days,now I played today...black.But when I played sometimes it turned greeen,weird colours,red really weird.I turn it off than back on,black screen whit gray dot.No red ring.So I was wondering what the problem is it fixable?Way to get red ring?Please help.Stupid cheap ass xbox.

#5 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

Forcing it to 3RL for a warranty repair is warranty fraud and will not be discussed on the forums, continuing to do so or anyone advising such will result in loosing your account here. If ya want to try and fix it try one of the X-clamp replacement methods or just keep using it normally, it's likely to 3RL on it's own as those symptoms are typically how one acts before it does.

As far as the drive goes I can't tell ya what it would cost to fix as I still haven't seen the damage done to it. Ya can get the connector from another dead board or ordered from some place online for a few bucks, but without knowing how bad it's damaged or what kind of repair work you're capable of it's impossible to say.

#6 Pinky221

Pinky221

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(RDC @ Dec 16 2008, 01:03 PM) View Post

Forcing it to 3RL for a warranty repair is warranty fraud and will not be discussed on the forums, continuing to do so or anyone advising such will result in loosing your account here. If ya want to try and fix it try one of the X-clamp replacement methods or just keep using it normally, it's likely to 3RL on it's own as those symptoms are typically how one acts before it does.
As far as the drive goes I can't tell ya what it would cost to fix as I still haven't seen the damage done to it. Ya can get the connector from another dead board or ordered from some place online for a few bucks, but without knowing how bad it's damaged or what kind of repair work you're capable of it's impossible to say.

I see what you mean,I'm new to this forum and I did not know.Forcing it to get red ring may be fraud.But dude,I paid 499$ for this xboxs,and they don't guranty that?Sorry,the people who are frauding is more microsoft than me whit all there xbox broken down.

On other side I'm still looking for the usb cable for the damn camera!Between,I won't be able to fix it.Illl problably pay some one.

#7 gdubchicago

gdubchicago

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

Depending upon the old/new drive...I would just switch out the circuit boards.

The Xbox is only going to read the board, not the entire DVD drive...so yeah, if your new board is of the same brand, you should be lucky and able to simply add your old circuit board to the new DVD drive, and everything should work perfectly.

If you have a BenQ, it will be much more difficult to remove the circuit board and will involve some soldering. From what I've heard, the Hitachi and Toshiba have three simple connections that can be unplugged. The newer Xboxs have them soldered so that people cannot change boards and drives quite as easy.

Hope this helps...but you're not completely dead yet!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users