#1 Friggle

Friggle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:37 AM

I know someone that works for a place that manufacturs PCB's and i can get my xbox 360 motherboard reflowed for free i just need to label all the components that need to be reflowed.
they said they wouldn't put it in a reflow oven but would use some sort of heat gun, so im guessing its just a more controlled and safer method then using a heat gun purchased at the hardware store.

I get an error code of 0110 for the first couple of minutes and then i can restart it and it will work fine.

should i just have them hit the GPU Ram and Hana chip.

if this works would it be more permanent fix than just replacing the x-clamps ( which i've done already)

#2 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE(Friggle @ Dec 16 2008, 08:13 AM) View Post

I know someone that works for a place that manufacturs PCB's and i can get my xbox 360 motherboard reflowed for free i just need to label all the components that need to be reflowed.
they said they wouldn't put it in a reflow oven but would use some sort of heat gun, so im guessing its just a more controlled and safer method then using a heat gun purchased at the hardware store.

I get an error code of 0110 for the first couple of minutes and then i can restart it and it will work fine.

should i just have them hit the GPU Ram and Hana chip.

if this works would it be more permanent fix than just replacing the x-clamps ( which i've done already)

Replacing the X-CLamps only works rarely for this error as it is RAM related -> 0110
Only reflow the GPU and the RAM chips thats all you need to do and yes it should be more permanent

#3 Friggle

Friggle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:00 AM

thanks for the reply and for your contribution to finding a more permenent fix

i have 1 last question.
i have another 360 that has sometimes an error 0102 or sometimes it has an error 74. ive done the xclamp fix plus ive heatgunned it I've even tried the Xecuters rrod repair kit (which is not installed anymore).
but anytime i can get it to work i have to tweak the x clamp screws. after it comes on it will stay working for days as long as i dont turn it off.

do you think having a reflow on this one aswell would fix it or is it too far gone. if it is repairable which components should i have them hit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users