#1 krosswindz

krosswindz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

I tried searching but couldnt find any thread about this. I am just wondering if there was ever a patch for the xbox1 regarding the change in day light time issued by microsoft or any other person?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:12 PM

Applying DST settings is done by the dashboard. The standard MS Dash doesn't use automatic time setting, and I've never used live but if it does sync the time it must do it with the Xbox Live servers - there's no setting for any time servers in the Xbox Live dash either! Consequently there's no update needed for the standard MS Dash!!

Homebrew dashboards do support automatic time setting and daylight saving, presumably using the timezone setting and DST toggle from the MS dash, together with the (effective) GMT/UTC time returned by SNTP. However, if you live in a country where DST start and end dates have changed recently, then the only dash that will know about those changes will be XBMC, because it's the only one that is regularly updated!

Fortunately for me in the UK, UnleashX, EvolutionX and XBMC all worked fine across both DST transitions in 2008. I think that I had to reboot - the dash presumably only checks the time with the SNTP server once, at boot up. XBMC also has its own

So, to answer your question directly, the only dash that might be regularly updated is XBMC. It was definitely updated in 2007 to account for the changes in DST in the US. A quick scan of the changelogs will confirm if there have been any more recent changes. Note that XBMC seems to use its own timezone / DST toggle settings rather than those in the MS dash, but the principle is the same.

If you use a softmod with a virtual eeprom and have a local copy of eeprom.bin on your Xbox, and you change regions or DST settings, then you will have to disable the virtual eeprom, and update any copies, for the new settings to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users